Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

OK. Let's recap on what we will most likely buy:

GK

RB

CB

D/CM

CF

Putting the 555 pages behind us, do you all think that's what MON is thinking at the moment?

I think he'll also be looking for two young, cheap, prospective replacements for Olejnik and Samuel and a good winger

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s no ghost from the past, that we can’t shake

Have a little faith in us (have a little faith in us)

There’s no history that we can’t remake

There’s no destiny that we can’t create

Have a little faith in us

For all we know the best is yet to come

And we can climb that mountain and go

Where this love has never gone before

And in our wildest heart of hearts we will know

That we have been reborn

There’s no history that we can’t remake

There’s no destiny that we can’t create

Have a little faith in us

For all we know the best is yet to come

I think its pretty certain that reo coker will be a villa player by tuesday.

Shortly after, bent will move to spurs and defoe will come to villa.

In my opinion these will be two very good signings. Two internationals, both english.

I personally think that at the end of the transfer window a lot of people are going to be disappointed with who we've bought. However I do believe at the end of the season MON will of done us us proud with his buys.

People are getting excited were going to be signing BIG names but I don't think we will. The only evidence we have is the General saying we will be buying 'world class' players. Lets face it as much as I love what the General is doing and I am really happy at how the club is going, the General probably couldn't name 5 world class players that we could realistically sign if he was put on the spot.

Sure he now loves Aston Villa and wants us to do well and is a great media spokesman but at the moment it is all spin.

I personally think the links with players like Kightly, McShane etc. are far more likely with maybe the biggest signings being the like of NRC and Bellemy. Don't get me wrong I truly think these players will take us to the next level under MON but there hardly what we would call 'world class'

I hope I'm wrong and we do see some really exciting signings, but my gut feeling says we won't.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them to blow us all out the water and shock us with a "special" signing..... :nod:

Here here!

Where where?

ITYM Hear! Hear!

Royals enter hunt for classy Koumas

Reading have joined Blackburn, Aston Villa and Everton in the race to sign £4million-rated West Brom playmaker Jason Koumas.

The talented Welsh wing wizard, who shone in Saturday's 0-0 draw with the Czech Republic in Cardiff, has admitted he wants to play in the Premiership next season after seeing Albion miss out on a place in the top tier following defeat by Derby in the Championship play-off final.

The 27-year-old has been a long-time target for Blackburn boss Mark Hughes, who worked closely with Koumas during his time in charge of Wales, Villa chief Martin O'Neill and Toffees gaffer David Moyes.

But now Royals manager Steve Coppell has entered the race as he needs to fill the gap left by Steve Sidwell's free transfer to Chelsea.

Sidwell's goals and creativity were a driving force in Reading's successful transition to the top flight last season - and Coppell wants Koumas to provide the ammunition for his strikers at the Madejski Stadium.

The former Tranmere star admits Everton would be his 'dream' destination but added: "Any player will say they should be in the Premiership, and I am no different. I feel I can play in the Premier League, no problem.

"I hope I am in the Premiership next season, but if it doesn't happen I will just keep playing to the best of my ability with West Brom.

Clicky...

Koumas was awesome against Derby and awesome against the Czech Republic, not a player to be sniffed at as is a good player!

I personally think that at the end of the transfer window a lot of people are going to be disappointed with who we've bought. However I do believe at the end of the season MON will of done us us proud with his buys.

Spot on, in my humble opinion.

Is that just a guess or do you know something/winding us up

In my opinion these will be two very good signings. Two internationals, both english.

Both tiny.

If we sign NRC, Bellamy and Koumas, we'll have the second moodiest training ground in the country. (Behind whoever signs Barton.)

Jason Koumas is the definition of mediocre and I don't want him at all

Really, is that based on actually seeing him play more than once or that he plays for West Brom in the Championship? :roll:

If the new regime was in place last year and Reading hadn't gone up, how would you have felt if we'd signed Steve Sidwell (who was not as highly rated as Koumas btw)? I bet you'd have been moaning then too, but we'd have got one of the top midfield players in the country last season, who has now gone to Chelsea.

He doesn't have to be a big name star to be a good player. Personally, I've seen very little of him so I can't make a judgement. I'd suggest that the same goes for you.

If the new regime was in place last year and Reading hadn't gone up, how would you have felt if we'd signed Steve Sidwell (who was not as highly rated as Koumas btw)? I bet you'd have been moaning then too, but we'd have got one of the top midfield players in the country last season, who has now gone to Chelsea.

He doesn't have to be a big name star to be a good player. Personally, I've seen very little of him so I can't make a judgement. I'd suggest that the same goes for you.

1. I didn't know very much about Steve Sidwell other than the fact that he was the best player in the Championship that year. I wouldn't have wanted him here then I guess, and I don't want him now either because I think we can do better and he looks like a corpse! Signing for Chelsea doesn't mean much in my book to best honest, he is competitive and he cost them nothing, therefore it's just a good player to field against Macclesfield in the cup and Derby at home when Essien and Mikel are in Africa. I think it's very dangerous to rely on one season wonders and he didn't exactly perform wonders in the second half of this season did he. With this mentality we could easily go for Doyle and Hulse as well.

2. I have seen Koumas numerous times both in the Premiership, Championship and on the international arena so perhaps you shouldn't make any assessments of my knowledge just because you don't know anything about him. I think he would suffer enormously with the tempo and the dictation of the game, if he was going to become the "spielführer" for a team wanting to snatch a place in the UEFA cup in one year. At least that's where I want to be, I don't know about the rest. Sure he could dominate games for clubs like WBA (who did not promote by the way) or Derby, Sheff United or Fulham, but they are in a different bracket compared to us.

Right now we have players who can do a decent job, in Berger, McCann, Osbourne and you name it. We want players who can go to the extra level of performances, I think people are just getting a little bit anxious about the no-show of signings and start to lower their expectations. I mean; Jagielka, Koumas and the 29 year old Bellamy? Those are the signings I would expect under Doug and O'Leary, not Lerner and MON.