Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Talk Sport claim Barton to Newcastle is dependant on Parker to West Ham. If that is right, where does that leave NRC to us (part of a treble or not)?

Don't think he is a part of that as he's tranfer listed on his own request. He'll be sold whatever happens. As long as someone wants to buy him, of course.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa: Non plus ultra.

? Who did ultra play for? :P

Well my friend, if you really don't know what it means then look it up.

I don't know what your talking about here either, care to elaborate?

West Ham fans about Nigel Reo-Coker going to Villa

He's an average player. I can't help feeling he'll always be an average player. His passing's poor, his shooting's poor... all he can really do is run with the ball and he can be strong in the tackle on his day. He can turn defence into attack if he's got the right players around him. Personally, I don't think he's going to be bringing much to whoever he goes to.

The real villain is the agent but the fact is that Reo-Coker, while being a reasonable player, isn't captain material. He can make good runs but always seems to run into blind alleys. He can't pass well and has a pretty shite first touch. Wins the ball in the middle of the park well, when he's playing the big sides, but cannot do anything with it - see the 2nd Bolton goal, where he lays it off to Noble (much better player imo) who plays a neat throughball and gives us the 3rd goal.

Hes a good player and im gutted to see him leave but he made a mistake and he wants out so he can go.

As a footballer if MON can sort his head out he would become a class player, a future England International for sure.

I have attempted to justify and defend Nigel on this forum before but the fact remains he acted like a spoilt brat when things didn't go his way. He didn't deserve some of the abuse he got and the hate mail was uncalled for. However the fact remains, as our captain he should have acted with more maturity. He didn't. I believe a lot of the hatred for him stems from people's hatred for his agent, Tony Finnegan who is a tosser of the highest order.

In terms of footballing ability, I am of the opinion that Nigel will go on to achieve great things if he is under the wing of a manager who brings back a sense of reality to his inflated ego. Martin O Neill could well be that man, if so you will have a cracking player on your hands in a year or two. If I was you mate, I would relish the prospect of attaining one of Englands brightest hopes. Remember he wasn't captain of Wimbeldon, West Ham and England u-21's for no reason.

if you compare him to let's say gavin mccann..then he's an improvement.

but the whole truth is..his attitude sucks, he goes missing in games too many times. his passing is just abisemal, although he's a fairly good tackler.

his stamina is good but he gives the ball away far too easily.

and for a box to box player he just scores to few goals.

Box to box midfielder whose key attribute is breaking up the play of other teams and breaking out of defence quickly

Not particularly disciplined in the tackle

Not good at passing

Not good at attacking (shooting, playing the killer ball etc)

Basically raw talent that needs lots of work... and for 8 million (or whatever is being quoted), a very risky investment, but if he comes good is likely to be a good prem player

NRC has potential because he is combative and an able athlete. He is not a technical player, rarely places a lengthy pass and, having seen 50% of his games in the last 3 seasons, I'd suggest that he can sometimes go missing in a game, such that you almost forget he's on the pitch

This is the 1st time I have read a thread of this size ALL the way through (only 3 pages, but I get bored easily), 90% of the replys are seriously thought out answers. Do you still want him?

So reading through numerous posts it's pretty fair to say that he cannot pass and do anything in attack. Pretty much like Gavin McCann in my eyes. I know he is going to become better than Macca, he probably is already, it's just that I am not overly impressed with him before or after reading this factfile of him. We would basically buy a talent, for 8M. I hope there isn't any truth in this matter at all, but I guess there is.

Your a fool if you think West Ham fans deep down think NRC has the equivalent ability of that of Gavin McCann!

Don't be stupid. I'd prefer him to both Barton (baggage) and Scott Parker!

They know as much about McCann as some of us do about Reo-Coker.

Last season he was rubbish and no-one paid attention to him. When describing

him it would be "decent", and it would probably be right. Last season Reo-Coker,

in his second season, was rubbish.

They know as much about McCann as some of us do about Reo-Coker.

Last season he was rubbish and no-one paid attention to him. When describing

him it would be "decent", and it would probably be right. Last season Reo-Coker,

in his second season, was rubbish.

...because the WHU fans booed him?! In the games I saw him, I thought he was excellent. Tevez scored the goals yes, but Reo-Coker was immense in midfield to keep them up. Don't kid yourself.

Time will tell, but there's a reason why this geezer was linked to the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs. He'll be excellent for the Villa. Would you really have prefered Barton or Parker? If so, why?

hope some of that is right because 3 players i really wanna see come in this summer is Gordon,NRC and i think Carew Defoe partnership could be awesome surely Us over pompey any day.
Better than a Carew Agbonlahor partnership? Or is it just that the players we've got are boring and deja vu?

Scott Parker has agreed personal terms at West Ham so full steam ahead messers O'Neill and FitzGerald!

Id be surprised if all three didn't move tomorrow now. Well i hope so anyway!

There is no get out clause just because the window is not open. The only thing that means is that they are not elligible to play for a team until that date (in this case July 1st), their contratcs will be signed and they will not be able to back out of a deal.

Players cannot be registered until July the 1st also AFAIK, so any deals between the clubs would not be finalised until this time.

Plsyers are not registered but sign pe-contracts which means thst their services are contracted to a club as of the start of the window where their registration is complete. These agreements cannot be terminated by either party any different to a regular contract ie. without a large amount of compensation either way.

Oh and Parker has agreed terms with West Ham and wil move pending a medical tomorrow.