Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i thought hargreaves was one of our best players at the world cup. at least he has grit and determination

Wow, he was our best player for about 4 games! Without the world cup, even at inflated prices he would be £10m tops.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owen doesnt have europe this season where he is so why not move we can offer him the same? is that wish ful thinkin?

who can offer him europe

not the top 4 who don't want him

Bolton can't afford him

Spuds already have Bent lined up

Everton, don't think so

good call

anybody hear rumours about carew going back to valencia?

heard but it would never happen. He played for them and had a pretty shit time. He has jsut moved here, we love him, he loves us and he said this is his last big move.

Its just press trying to make news

i thought hargreaves was one of our best players at the world cup. at least he has grit and determination

Wow, he was our best player for about 4 games! Without the world cup, even at inflated prices he would be £10m tops.

He has been Englands best player in many games...not only those four. If you have a look at what he has done both for England and for Bayern Munich you can easily say he has quality.

I think that Alex Ferguson is a better man to judge him...and he clearly thinks he is worth £20m...and he has been hunting him as eagerly as he was hunting van Nistelrooy. When Ferguson sees class...he needs to buy him..whatever the price. I think that many managers would say that he is worth somewhere close to that figure...and I agree.

nope, source
i did a google on villa signings it was on one of the first two pages might have been tribal football. said about david villa being sold and carew going back as replacement ??????? probably bs

anybody hear rumours about carew going back to valencia?

Some numpty posted it on the OS, but the MODS have gone to pot on there, its overrun by 10 year old knuckle-draggers

Defoe would be a class signing, there was too many games last season that we dominated without getting what we deserved, Newcastle away comes to mind, so at least with Jermain we'd have a proven goal getter in our ranks, at a club like ours i think he'd improve even more.

nope, source
i did a google on villa signings it was on one of the first two pages might have been tribal football. said about david villa being sold and carew going back as replacement ??????? probably bs

tribal football says it all

A usually reliable Spurs ITK has just said that Villa have offered 8m for Defoe. I presume this an opening offer.

My own opinion on this - and it's just an opinion, not information - is that Spurs won't sell Defoe unless and until Bent is signed, and then will want significantly more than 8m (assuming that Spurs decide to sell at all and that Defoe would be willing to move).

Anyhow, for me it confirms one thing: Villa are definitely interested in Defoe.

Make of it what you will.

I think MO'N would go up to £12m for Defoe, I would pay it anyway.

A usually reliable Spurs ITK has just said that Villa have offered 8m for Defoe. I presume this an opening offer.

My own opinion on this - and it's just an opinion, not information - is that Spurs won't sell Defoe unless and until Bent is signed, and then will want significantly more than 8m (assuming that Spurs decide to sell at all and that Defoe would be willing to move).

Anyhow, for me it confirms one thing: Villa are definitely interested in Defoe.

Make of it what you will.

I think MO'N would go up to £12m for Defoe, I would pay it anyway.

yeah why not i suppose in the current market £12m i would have thought £10m would be agood deal he is quite young and bein english bumps it up a couple