Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

In Norway he is pretty exciting, did I day it is a very crap league :) ?

He's a he** of a lot better than MGP was at 19, that's for sure. A far greater talent than MGP ever was. No comparison really. But no point in arguing as we'll just have to wait and see. MGP went to Blackburn at the age of 23. If Tarik continues his current progress he's gonna be a star.

That is your opinion. I disagree.

MGP had a great talent which was Beckhamesque crosses and free kicks, very much alike what he has now. He has become better of course, but he scored many free kicks when he was 20-21.

Tariq is a little pacy for playing in the Norwegian league, but he has to show a lot more to even being considered a player for the English league. Look at Kristoffer Hæstad, he had a great season and looked the real deal before flopping bigtime at measly Wigan.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that MGP is actually right footed? I heard some commentators say how he practiced and practiced with his left and it kind of became his main foot. Sounds like a load of dogey do do to me!

Suggestion:

Claude Makelele

World class one season ago, I still think he is pure class and would attract the kind of players we would want here. A bit like Edgar Davids I would imagine, when he joined Spurs two seasons ago. He doesn't play much at Chelsea and he won't get much time as Mikel has blossomed a bit.

makelele would be bloody awesome and is just the player we need, would only get 1-2 years out of him though and I just cant see Chelsea letting him go....

Im hoping we can pinch Geremi or Bridge from Chelsea if we are very lucky......can only see it happening if cjhelsea splash out in the summer and end up with someone who can cover RB so that Bridge becomes expendable....

Quartet chasing me, claims Blanco

West Ham's on-loan striker Kepa Blanco claims that four Premiership clubs are interested in keeping him in England next season.

Blanco is on a short-term deal from Spanish outfit Sevilla but has not scored since coming on as a sub to claim a debut goal against Liverpool.

The 23-year-old told the Daily Star Sunday: "Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Manchester City and Newcastle have all offered me the chance to play for them next season.

"Even though I have not played much for West Ham I am happy in England.

"The style of play suits me well. It is more physical than Spain and the stadiums are always full."

What a bunch of lies

This can't be true I just don't believe it. Why would we want an awful player such as him?

Suggestion:

Claude Makelele

World class one season ago, I still think he is pure class and would attract the kind of players we would want here. A bit like Edgar Davids I would imagine, when he joined Spurs two seasons ago. He doesn't play much at Chelsea and he won't get much time as Mikel has blossomed a bit.

Luxury player.

Yeah but I think it is very important to get in one or two of these players, imagine the experience they bring with them.

Patrik Berger is like 33, see what he brings in term of his strengths. I rate Makelele as top 5 enforcers still, he would

be sublime in our midfield and he would tutor players like Gardner and Osbourne.

Makelele vs McCann ;) ?

Agent fishing for a move!

Haha yeah without a doubt.

Of course we shouldn't write off a player without seeing him more than a few times, but

I want us to go a notch above this one... I wouldn't like to be MON right now really, imagine the heartbreak he is going to give certain players. Also, imagine the striking partners we are going to get the next season. I love the fact that Moore/Gabby are home grown as well.

On a free, I wouldn't mind Viduka. I think our front line with Carew, Gabby and Moore with Young and Maloney able to play up front, we need a player in the "hold up" mould. I think Viduka would be a decent option for a couple of years as I don't hink we need to overly invest up front anymore. Obviously players like Darren Bent are quality but I wouldn't want to sign him and see Gabby and Luke fall down the pecking order as I think they are both good strikers who will score goals.

Obviously players like Darren Bent are quality but I wouldn't want to sign him and see Gabby and Luke fall down the pecking order as I think they are both good strikers who will score goals.

Yeah but if we bring in players that are better than what we've got then surely thats better for us and obviously that will push Gabby and Luke further down the list. Our aim must be to keep improving on what we've got.....whether home grown or not, the next signing must be to bring in a better player or somebody better for the team than the person in that position...

Obviously players like Darren Bent are quality but I wouldn't want to sign him and see Gabby and Luke fall down the pecking order as I think they are both good strikers who will score goals.

Yeah but if we bring in players that are better than what we've got then surely thats better for us and obviously that will push Gabby and Luke further down the list. Our aim must be to keep improving on what we've got.....whether home grown or not, the next signing must be to bring in a better player or somebody better for the team than the person in that position...

I am now not convinced that the players we may bring in up front will be better than what we have got. I also think that Gabby and Luke can be at least as good as Bent. Don't get me wrong, signing Bent, Defoe etc... would be great, I am just wary of the fact that you can't keep everyone happy.

That is the sad thing about becoming a better club, players we cherish will leave because they are not getting any playing time.

Maybe but my opinion is that Gabby and Moore can be at least as good as Bent and therefore there would be no point in signing him at the expense of letting either one of them go. There is a difference to letting "cherished" players go and not wanting good players to go and be replaced by players who in reality are not that much better.

I am now not convinced that the players we may bring in up front will be better than what we have got. I also think that Gabby and Luke can be at least as good as Bent. Don't get me wrong, signing Bent, Defoe etc... would be great, I am just wary of the fact that you can't keep everyone happy.

I kind of agree with you, the only thing that bugs me is our goals for column is not good enough, and yes I know our midfield dont create enough and Carew, Maloney and Young have only been here a few months, Gabby and Moore are only really getting their chances now, this season but watching us sometimes, we dont have a killer instinct...the game against Sheff Utd, we scored three, yes i agree but we could have easily scored more....and how many games this season have we just not been able to get that goal when we've been on top....thats the difference between top four and mid table, and thats obviously our aim.......of course our team is new and young and will develop....so I'm in a quandry myself whether we need more up front.....maybe our focus this summer should be everything but attack and only if somebody special comes along do we go for them......good job we have MON to make these decisions rather than me......

I am not saying we should let these players go, they are amongst my fav 3 players in our squad. I do however realize that it would be a risk to let them make out our strike force along with Carew. We need another guy, but the signing of Carew has made me believe we won't sign Darren Bent. I think MON will go for someone strong and powerful, in the Viduka mold perhaps. I love Carew but he isn't a goalscorer and I think more and more people are starting to realize that.

I agree that we haven't scored enough this season and ten games ago, a striker would have been my priority. However, Gabby's good run up front suggests that he may be the solution. Also, as you suggest, we still miss our fair share of chances but who doesn't? Although signing a Bent, Defoe, Bellamy type player would improve us, if we were to sign a striker I would rather us invest in the potential of say a Nugent or a good squad player like Viduka on a free rather than the 3 mentioned who would almost demand a first team place before agreeing to sign.