Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name of players? I can't think of one player who has signed for a club that we were actually in for! I think your just sitting on Football Manager with your dream team and making all these assumptions. We are targeting players in the mould of Carew and Young, ambitious players. What you need to think about not every top player will join the big clubs. In my honest opinion when the season starts you will be eating humble pie.

Well...you´re missing my point and you are clearly trying to wind me up so there is no need for me to keep on argue with you. To insult me with words like I am sitting with Football manager and making all things up is quite embarrasing low level of discussion from your side. Grow up and discuss things in a respectful manner or just dont do it..ok?

If you want me to name players I will give you these:

Steve Sidwell. (I am positive MON tried)

Sylvain Distin.

And these are just players going to English clubs.

Prime example John, You really think Boateng, Southgate and Ehiogu, Our Coaches left for a better club? They went for £££££££

They went under Ellis era because they were fed up with his promises. They went for a more ambitious club (at that time) and they went for the money..yes.

They went under Ellis era because they were fed up with his promises. They went for a more ambitious club (at that time) and they went for the money..yes

Juninho & Ravenelli did not join them because of our former chairman though tricella. Sidwell went for money and to play for Chelsea reserves and Distin just went to the highest bidders. We want players who are good, want to play football for us and our manager and who still have ambition. Those two are no great loss but NRC would be.

If you want me to name players I will give you these:

Sylvain Distin.

And these are just players going to English clubs.

Proof please. Backup what you say or stop the wild assumptions. Football Manager has got zero link with real life.

Sylvain Distin.

Tricella, don't ever go on a quiz show.

When you get the answer wrong, I don't think 'I'm positive that's the answer' will cut it.

Just be honest, you have no proof that any player has rejected us.

We offer 23mill to hamburg for kompany,de jong, and van der vaart.They are well worth it and would improve our team vastly.

Hamburg were in a relegation battle for a time in a poor league.

If these three are so brilliant, the 8 supporting them must be awful.

We offer 23mill to hamburg for kompany,de jong, and van der vaart.They are well worth it and would improve our team vastly.

Well, it is perfectly possible to find good players in bad teams. How about Darren Bent and Luke Young at Charlton. NRC and Carlos Tevez at West Ham, Gavin McCann and Thomas Sørensen at Sunderland.........erm, forget that last one.

Kompany had a disappointing start and then was out injured for most of the year. Not sure about De Jong but Van Der Vaart is their best player and definitely not overhyped.

Well, it is perfectly possible to find good players in bad teams. How about Darren Bent and Luke Young at Charlton. NRC and Carlos Tevez at West Ham, Gavin McCann and Thomas Sørensen at Sunderland.........erm, forget that last one.

And Ashley Young at Watford.

If we could get the 3 for 23 mil it would definitely be worth it, and I would be fairly satisfied with this transfer window.

I still feel like i'm in fairyland even contemplating it though. Fingers crossed.

I dont think we have enough backup players to be honest, we have lost a few 'backup' players in McCann, Samuel etc and rumours surrounding Ridge, Davis and Moore, we need a strong squad so the winter dont take toll on the squad like last season. I think we will use our quota of loan players from the Prem (maybe SWP and Bellamy?) and maybe another from one of Europes bigger clubs!