Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dutch national team has a reputation of fights and groupings within the squad. There are still many players in that squad that were grouped in colours...whereas van der Saar incident involving Seedorf after a game is well known. The team celebrates the win jumping tight together and van der Saar comes to Seedorf and hits him right in the face.

There were groupings and Seedorf were said to lead the black group whereas van der Saar was said to be leader of the whites. Irritation was high and sometimes still are because the white group see themselves as the better...

If this hasnt left the Holland team then Bouma would be in the black and Sneijder in the white...

It is shameful that this can go on in 21st century...however...it does...

The dutch national team has a reputation of fights and groupings within the squad. There are still many players in that squad that were grouped in colours...whereas van der Saar incident involving Seedorf after a game is well known. The team celebrates the win jumping tight together and van der Saar comes to Seedorf and hits him right in the face.

There were groupings and Seedorf were said to lead the black group whereas van der Saar was said to be leader of the whites. Irritation was high and sometimes still are because the white group see themselves as the better...

If this hasnt left the Holland team then Bouma would be in the black and Sneijder in the white...

It is shameful that this can go on in 21st century...however...it does...

These are pro footballers, it's not a war between the Boers and the natives anymore.

Again its all about money, I think when it comes to MON he has the Brian Clough mentality to signing players, "your not leaving till you sign that contract" Plus i think there are some players who we are after who haven't even been mentioned by us. The Spanish league isn't over yet. We will get quality its just biding our time.

i dont understand the hole sneijder thing, did it originate cuz MON was at a game?

if so there was 21 others on the pitch could it not be possible that MON was after someone else. without a quote directly from the man i dont understand how it is defenitly sneijder we are after.

i think its been blown way out of proportion.

i think he is too good for spurs also, champions league is where he will see himself surely.

.........................................................................................................(what are those things in westerns call the roll across the screen?)...................................................................................

.........................................................................................................(what are those things in westerns call the roll across the screen?)...................................................................................

Tumbleweed.

Don't usually like buying players off the likes of Man U as on the maority of occasions they are just playing out the remainder of the careers (ie: Butt for exmple) , not many McGraths have happened..

But.....

Tell you what - if they sell him , I bite their hands off for Alan Smith - the player we are missing - a link up man between midfield and attack - a hendrie only better !!!

Alan Smith is 100% commitment and grit, but he isn't really a striker, and he isn't even a midfielder that's for sure. He isn't a poacher and he isn't very good with his headers. His passing is average and his temper is not good at all. How many times have you seen the defender pass the ball only for Smith to wack him down and get a stupid yellow card? Because of little playing time and injuries he has become more of a forwand and a attacking midfielder, rather than a striker and for me he's nowhere good in any of those positions, sorry to say.

Don't usually like buying players off the likes of Man U as on the maority of occasions they are just playing out the remainder of the careers (ie: Butt for exmple) , not many McGraths have happened..

But.....

Tell you what - if they sell him , I bite their hands off for Alan Smith - the player we are missing - a link up man between midfield and attack - a hendrie only better !!!

Smith is crap :) We've got Petrov for that job.

But.....

Smith is not crap and I would love to see you say that to his face. :lol: which is the best way I can think of demonstrating what Smith would bring to Villa.

But.....

Smith is not crap and I would love to see you say that to his face. :lol: which is the best way I can think of demonstrating what Smith would bring to Villa.

Where exactly would he play?

Striker? With three goals in his last fifty games?

Midfielder? Would you really prefer a player who is only a midfielder because his manager decided that he wasn't good enough as a striker over the likes of Petrov, Barry and (potentially) Reo-Coker?

Alan Smith? Really? :shock: