Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think Nani is probably out of our reach at the moment, I have heard both United and FC Bayern are hot in for him.

I guess the Ronaldo/Queiroz/Sporting link is bringing players from Portugal to Old Trafford. Now Joao Moutinho

that is one player I would like to see over here! Fabregasish, excellent touch

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaaskalinen is avaliable now, what a player to pinch.

He would be but i think a certain 'Boruc' has beat him at the line!

While on the note of GK posys, why is there talk of Sorensons going to be the one leaving / everyone agreeing to it!, I'd like Tommy to stay, he once again gave a great display yesterday of how good he is! Surely it should be Taylor that should be the one going and have Tommy as a Brilliant sub goaly!!... competition for places after all. :winkold:

We won't get him but Berbatov for me!!..He's been awesome this season. Maybe do wonders for Petrov!! as well. I also think Jagielka from Sheff Utd would be good too!

Why even mention him? :roll:

Because I think Berbatov is EXACTLY the kind of player Villa need to sign if we are going to make a statement to the rest of the Premiership that with new owners we mean business. He'd be awesome with Carew up front methinks and Young out wide etc. He's being linked with a move away from Spurs and although he may well go to Mancs or Chelsea etc we do have leverage perhaps with Petrov and the MON factor!

i'd love us to sign trabelsi off man city

he isn't getting a game, which i don't know why? because he is a top class full back

he is as good a right back as laursen is a centre back if you know what i mean

i remember hearing he was quite injury prone i don't know if that is true or not?

but if he could stay fit he would be a fantastic signing IMO

What about these three Dutchmen/or/Dutch league?

1. Van der Vaart

2. Sneijder

3. Jefferson Farfan

all great players but i'd say van der vaart's the only one we'd have an outside shot of signing. sneijder and farfan would both be going to one of the top champions league clubs if they did move.

another suggestion:

Tuncay Şanlı of fenerbache. contract up at the end of the season, i believe. fast, tricky left winger/attacking mid. quality player.

I agree with you in regards to Van der Vaart, he's a great talent. Saw Hamburg beat Bayern Munich at the weekend and he was the difference. I was surprised there wasn't more interested parties when Hamburg signed him in the first place.

I was hoping we might be interested in signing him. There's talk of interest from Bayern though and Hamburg have told them to piss off so far..

Van Der Vaart would be a magic signing. Absolute magic. Trabelsi is a very good player as well, and plays in a spot where we are in need of quality, he would be a fantastic addition. Only problem is he's 30 years old, and we should be looking at more long term prospects IMO.

We won't get him but Berbatov for me!!..He's been awesome this season. Maybe do wonders for Petrov!! as well. I also think Jagielka from Sheff Utd would be good too!

Why even mention him? :roll:

Because I think Berbatov is EXACTLY the kind of player Villa need to sign if we are going to make a statement to the rest of the Premiership that with new owners we mean business. He'd be awesome with Carew up front methinks and Young out wide etc. He's being linked with a move away from Spurs and although he may well go to Mancs or Chelsea etc we do have leverage perhaps with Petrov and the MON factor!

why i said that...was because it is blatantly obvious we will never get him...money or not......

Anelka anyone?!

Big Sam gone now, looks like a few of his stars might leave.

No, but I wonder whether this may affect Nolan's availablility...

Apparently it does.

But if Sam goes to Barcodes or Citeh, I would expect Nolan to be joining him