limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON at Reading v Newcastle tonight.

Wonder who he is looking at.

Steve Sidwell would be my guess.

Kevin Doyle and Scott Parker are also possible but I'll stick with the ginger one.

He may also just be taking in some football - Reading isn't too far from Wycombe.

Does he still live down there? Would have thought he'd have a place in or around Birmingham by now

I think he still lives in Wycombe yes - it's only about a 75 minute commute to Brum, no point in moving.

Besides, my mates who live in Wycombe and nearby Beaconsfield say they have seen him around and about.

So there's the proof. :)

NB: Ian, Wycombe is in Buckinghamshire, not Herts. :winkold:

Listening to 5 Live and Pleat said he believed Sidwell had had 2 offers, one from Newcastle and the other he didn't mention until pressed when he said he thought it might be Aston Villa. Not sure it's anything other than specualtion on pleat's part but interesting nonetheless

i reckon hes there to look at sidwell/take in a local game

i doubt he would have predicted that sidwell wasn't to be involved today

i can't imagine us being interested in doyle just yet

we've got 2 young strikers, 1 experienced but isn't a 20 goal man, i would of thought our 4th striker will be one who has done the business for a good few years rather than someone relatively new to this level, even though hes done well.

I also reckon that reading would fight tooth and nail to keep him, and the price would be too unrealistic.