Villa Facts!

villa-revolution

Remember that classic tirade by FSW whilst manager at the Plop concerning the facts he regarded & believed Old Red Nose SAF & his Manure Utd team benefited from?

Well here are some facts that I believe are attributable to our beloved "Villa"

We always get shit Refs

We always appear to somehow get a diabolical sequence of premier League fixtures designed to **** us up.

We nearly always have a great no.9

We have the loyalist set of fans.

We have the best Premier League ground in the country.

We are easily the biggest team in the Midlands.

Paul McGrath is our greatest post war player.

Ron Saunders is our greatest ever manager.

Frank Lampard, Alan Shearer, Robbie Fowler always score against us.

No team has ever conceded more last minute goals than us.

We love to laugh at sha

We love to laugh at NUFC

We never ever argue with each other on VT ;) 

I could go on but I'm sure you get my drift so I will let others  continue instead.

Remember that classic tirade by FSW whilst manager at the Plop concerning the facts he regarded & believed Old Red Nose SAF & his Manure Utd team benefited from?

We always get shit Refs

We always appear to somehow get a diabolical sequence of premier League fixtures designed to **** us up.

We love to laugh at sha

We love to laugh at NUFC

I could go on but I'm sure you get my drift so I will let others  continue instead.

Disagree on a few points above:

Most teams think they get 'shit refs'. It's not just us.

Can't really say last season was a diabolical set of fixtures to start: newly promoted West Ham followed by a home game with Everton.

And we have nowhere near the loyalist set of fans in the country, the season just gone there were variances in our league attendances of between 12-14,000.

Players who aren't scoring and should be will almost always sort out their form against us.

This. It's not just players either it could be any record that you want breaking as an individual or as a team... Then do it against us!!!

We always get shit Refs

We love to laugh at sha

We love to laugh at NUFC

Disagree on a few points above:

Most teams think they get 'shit refs'. It's not just us.

Can't really say last season was a diabolical set of fixtures to start: newly promoted West Ham followed by a home game with Everton.

And we have nowhere near the loyalist set of fans in the country, the season just gone there were variances in our league attendances of between 12-14,000.

3d2f325c92060a35e7ac8c697c57d8d4.jpeg

• Like 3

Players who aren't scoring and should be will almost always sort out their form against us.

Absolutely. I was fearful when we played Chelsea 2nd time around. Torres was on a terrible run and I was dreading him breaking his duck. Thankfully, not even Aston Villa could remove him from his goal-slumber :D

When you talk about players that always, always score against us (or used to), first name that comes to my mind is Matt Le Tissier. Even remember one game at VP in... oh, I dunno, early to mid 90s, saying to a mate when we were leading in the 90th minute "well, it can't be over yet, Le Tissier hasn't scored"... sho'nuff, he duly smacked in the  equaliser for them...

(though equally memorable and much sweeter was the season after... or possibly the one after that... when he knocked in a quick free kick whilst our defence was dithering and the ref chalked it off for no very good reason...)

I'm afraid I can't agree there. That's just a typical statement from the "we never argue" camp and the minute anyone disagrees, however slightly, you immediately claim we say that we always argue on VT and put us into an opposing camp.

I challenge you to read all of my 12000+ posts and show where I have ever claimed we always argue on VT (continued on p. 94...)

Joe Kinnear, after playing 659 league games for Villa then founded the football league.

Then ate a Kebab washed down with a pint of Newcastle Brown before shutting down Shearer's Bar permanently as Ant & Dec pissed on the "Whose your next Messiah Banner?" ;):)

Well here are some facts that I believe are attributable to our beloved [insert Premier League football club name]

We always get shit Refs

We are easily the biggest team in [insert local area].

[insert greatest post war player's name] is our greatest post war player.

[insert name of the manager that won us the most prestigious silverware] is our greatest ever manager.

We love to laugh at [insert name of main rivals]

We love to laugh at NUFC

We never ever argue with each other on [insert name of popular fan forum]  ;)

Â