The 19th min Petrov support

David-Copenhagen

For me one of the highlights last year was the support shown to Petrov at the 19th minute. 

I would really like to see us doing it again this year -but with a twist. Now that Petrov is doing a lot better, would it not be great to include support to all cancer patients! That way our 19th minute clap will be a great statement that we are all united in the battle against cancer! For me personally it will also be a way to remember the people I have lost to cancer and the hope that Petrovs recovery instill in us all!

I hope you will embrace the idea and help a continental based Villa fan influence our great club. 

I agree Richard. I think it needs to end. It was support for our captain and he's doing better now which is fantastic. 

I'd prefer to remember how great the support was rather than see it peter out to small bits of clapping like it will.

Best to end it now

Has the club made a statement about this? I agree that it should finish now. Hopefully during the friendlies everyone will realise it's stopped and their won't be any disagreements.

It was an outstanding display of compassion from all Villa Fans towards Stiliyan last season, however; as stated he is now in remission, he is getting better, he is on the coaching staff. I assume he will now want to push forward with his life and get back to normal, so I believe we should stop the 19th minute applause.

I believe this is why Stiliyan is starting his charity, so people can show support for this and give any donations that they can.

• Like 1

Glad that you all agree with me :-) - shame that you don't see the opportunity there is for us a fans to show support to people with cancer. And just because there are better ways to do support the fight against cancer, does not rule out this as well. It is not a choice between two things, you can do both. 

Glad that you all agree with me :-) - shame that you don't see the opportunity there is for us a fans to show support to people with cancer. And just because there are better ways to do support the fight against cancer, does not rule out this as well. It is not a choice between two things, you can do both. 

Don't take it personally, people just don't want to see it come to an undignified end with only a handful of individuals joining in.

• Like 1

I agree with the people saying it needs to stop.

It was a great show of respect, but it can't continue forever.

If we were to do anything to support other people with cancer (and I'm sure we will) then it should be in a different form.

• Like 1

Don't take it personally, people just don't want to see it come to an undignified end with only a handful of individuals joining in.

I don't - don't worry :-) 

Â