The 19th min Petrov support

David-Copenhagen

It was a very heart-warming moment at times last season. However, one of the most cringeworthy moments of last season was as the season wore one being at several away games when a group of our support were adamant on singing 'no respect' to the opposition. Not all fans were aware of it, and even if they were, were under no obligation to join in with it.

Now it's a good time to move on, like I hope Petrov is able to as well.

Glad that you all agree with me :-) - shame that you don't see the opportunity there is for us a fans to show support to people with cancer. And just because there are better ways to do support the fight against cancer, does not rule out this as well. It is not a choice between two things, you can do both. 

Don't take it personally, people just don't want to see it come to an undignified end with only a handful of individuals joining in.

I don't - don't worry :-) 

Great idea DC but sadly it looks like majority rule I'm afraid :(

It's a nice idea but I think it's the kind of thing that would lose impact with over-use. Also it would be hard to get across to people that it's no longer about Petrov when it's still in the 19th minute. Maybe as a once-a-season thing (the 19th fixture?) if it was promoted as a whole event, charity collections, etc.

Edited by switters

No it definitely shouldn't continue. I think chants and things are inevitable but the applause should stop. It can't go on forever, it'll eventually get half-arsed and that would undermine how great the gesture was last season. It was perfect while it lasted. Please let's not ruin it.

Stan has a charity, people can support it if they want. There are also loads of other charities people can support. 

Clapping and moments of silence in football matches are to respect or support footballers or people associated with football. Stan is in remission now. It should stop and I think going by the majority of peoples responses, it will.

I hardly think clapping for a minute will do anything in the fight against cancer.

Petrov is recovering and now has a coaching role at Villa.

The time to stop is now while there is a natural and logical reason to do so rather than it carry on in fits and spurts and it dies an undignified death.

I hardly think clapping for a minute will do anything in the fight against cancer.

Petrov is recovering and now has a coaching role at Villa.

The time to stop is now while there is a natural and logical reason to do so rather than it carry on in fits and spurts and it dies an undignified death.

I guess the logic goes that it raises awareness. If you're not aware of cancer by now you need to leave the house.

It does guilt people into raising money. Though I'm never entirely sure if that's a good thing.

Ours was in support of our captain. He's now on the staff at the club, how much more supporting does he need? I'm sure he himself would want it to finish there, on a high so to speak, and I expect an announcement from Stan with regards to that before the season starts.

We never seemed to concede during that 19th minute applause, so perhaps we can switch it to a TEN MINUTE APPLAUSE starting on the 82nd minute to commemorate Rotterdam '82 - that should stop all those late goals from flying in! :D

I'm not being serious by the way...

I was against the idea of it last season , but sorta came around to the idea once the other teams started joining in

but as most others have said  , it shouldn't continue next season imo

I think it should stop and stop completely, for the reasons outlined by others. The only way this will happen though is if Stan were to request it to stop and I hope he does that, otherwise it could well end up being a horrible half-arsed tribute with ever dwindling numbers continuing.

• Like 1

I doubt the club will continue with it. I think he's got to the point now where he would consider it embarrassing for it to continue. 

I agree with pretty much all of the reasons above that it is time for this to end. We've done a good thing, and I like to think it helped Stan in a small way, but let's keep it a good thing and not ruin it. 

I think it should stop and stop completely, for the reasons outlined by others. The only way this will happen though is if Stan were to request it to stop and I hope he does that, otherwise it could well end up being a horrible half-arsed tribute with ever dwindling numbers continuing.

Pretty much sums up my views.

Â