Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Everyone with half a brain (or the motivation to a bit of reading) knows this. We know it, the Premier League know it and the British government know it. Money talks though so who cares, right? 

Exactly right. Pandora's box is opened and there is no way they're going back on it. The dodgy deals would get leaked and they'd all be arrested.

27 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Everyone with half a brain (or the motivation to a bit of reading) knows this. We know it, the Premier League know it and the British government know it. Money talks though so who cares, right? 

Spot on

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair to the PL they did least try and stop it

but that wasnt because of human rights violations, that was because the precious sky 6 cartel was in trouble with a new player

• Like 1

That brentford keeper is terrible

Why they got rid of raya on loan ill never know

Also the atmosphere at sty james as really gone downhill

Considering this is a evening Saturday game it should be electric 

Edited by Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

but that wasnt because of human rights violations, that was because the precious sky 6 cartel was in trouble with a new player

The Premier League doesn’t care which teams happen to be making them money, just that the league is making money.

The hold up was because Saudi Arabia was pirating their Premier League coverage and not paying the official broadcast fees. 

The Premier League, along with other domestic governing bodies and rights holders, has previously urged Arabsat, the Saudi state satellite broadcaster which transmits across the Arab world, to withdraw a framework for a pirate network known as beoutQ that they argued was abusing the game. It started its illegal streaming activities in 2017, the year Saudi and Qatar became involved in a significant political argument with assorted international ramifications, and no one has succeeded in halting the transmissions.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/22/bein-sports-asks-premier-league-to-block-saudi-newcastle-deal-over-piracy

I dont think they look great tbh which is frustrating how we got thumped so bad.

Barnes doesnt look good, bruno g doesnt look as good as last ywar either

I think they dont look as solid at the back either. I think they might get a rude awaking in Cl

44 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

All of their games have been on sky so far I believe with their game on again this coming weekend.

Everyone's favourite team apparently?

Wish the media wouldn't force this on people however I guess Saudi influenced UK government, PL and media . Just so blatant...

Saudi Arabia crown prince Mohammed bin Salman says he does not care about accusations of 'sportswashing'.

The Gulf kingdom has been accused of investing in sport and using high-profile events to improve its international reputation.

Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) led the takeover of Newcastle United last year and launched LIV Golf.

"If sportswashing is going to increase my GDP by 1%, then we'll continue doing sportswashing," Bin Salman said.

He told Fox News: "I don't care [about the term]. I have 1% growth in GDP from sport and I am aiming for another 1.5%.

"Call it what you want - we are going to get that 1.5%."

link

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

On 16/09/2023 at 06:08, Zatman said:

They'll be begging Newcastle to come with them when the superleague forms.

Â