Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he really wanted to stay he'd have signed an extension like weimman did. He's clearly seeing what options are out there for him, and there's nothing wrong with that. Most sensible players would after the season he's had.

I think it's going to come down to 2 things. 1) will bigger teams match the fee we want? 2) how will benteke react to any bid we reject.

Welcome back Belgian Guy.

Concerning Milner coming back. While I would love to see him back again I don't think Lambert would sign him as it would upset the equilibrium of our team. What I mean is we have moved on from the Milners and from what I can see we are building a team with each player having technique as their main attribute rather than spirit.

I just don't think Milner would fit here anymore in the same way that Bent doesn't.

Concerning Milner coming back. While I would love to see him back again I don't think Lambert would sign him as it would upset the equilibrium of our team. What I mean is we have moved on from the Milners and from what I can see we are building a team with each player having technique as their main attribute rather than spirit.

I just don't think Milner would fit here anymore in the same way that Bent doesn't.

I agree. I'd rather stick with the promising midfield 3 we have now and see how they develop than go back (as much as I love Milner ;___; )

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

If he really wanted to stay he'd have signed an extension like weimman did. He's clearly seeing what options are out there for him, and there's nothing wrong with that. Most sensible players would after the season he's had.

I think it's going to come down to 2 things. 1) will bigger teams match the fee we want? 2) how will benteke react to any bid we reject.

Spot on for me that Big John

Whats the Milner talk for? Are we linked - James Milner is exactly the player we need imo. Bit older, wiser and more know how but doesnt stray away from the hunger that Lambert desires.

Literally 0% chance of Milner coming back, wages will be way too high now and he won't want to take a cut. Pointless discussion (though I'd love it if he did come!)

Citeh could subsidise his wages.  :detect:

Literally 0% chance of Milner coming back, wages will be way too high now and he won't want to take a cut. Pointless discussion (though I'd love it if he did come!)

Citeh could subsidise his wages.  :detect:

they only subsidise the wages of shit players they sell to us and then not all the time

thank you :) if we asume benteke stays howmuch budget is left to use for paul lambert? 

thank you :) if we asume benteke stays howmuch budget is left to use for paul lambert? 

unsure for certain. i'd imagine another 10m

Yeah I would say about £10m too. In regards to wages I would say we will have way over £200,000 per week saved after we get rid of Ireland, Bent and Given, which would also give us maybe nearly another £10m in transfer fees which I would assume he would be given if he needs it. We would definitely be able to double Benteke's wages and still be able to save an awful lot of wages in comparison to last season which is great.

Thankfully Lambert seems to get the players he wants to have without spending lots and lots of money, but with maybe a marquee signing (maybe an attacking midfielder) and another 3 squad players (I think a right back, a goalkeeper and right sided winger/forward). and we will spend around £15m more before the window shuts.

Of course that is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.

Edited by samjp26

Yeah I would say about £10m too. In regards to wages I would say we will have way over £200,000 per week saved after we get rid of Ireland, Bent and Given, which would also give us maybe nearly another £10m in transfer fees which I would assume he would be given if he needs it. 

Its the getting rid of these players which may well be problematic - especially Ireland.

Yeah I would say about £10m too. In regards to wages I would say we will have way over £200,000 per week saved after we get rid of Ireland, Bent and Given, which would also give us maybe nearly another £10m in transfer fees which I would assume he would be given if he needs it. 

Its the getting rid of these players which may well be problematic - especially Ireland.

Bent will be sold quite easily and I would imagine its just a matter of deciding what figure we are willing to take.

Given I would still take over many goalkeepers if it wasn't for Guzan hitting such great form. Think we will see him go to one of the newly promoted teams or maybe even abroad for a small fee to maybe America or the UAE etc. If I was one of the promoted teams I can't think of any other keepers with such experience that would be cheap or possibly even free.

I do agree about Ireland being the toughest to get rid of, but again I think for a newly promoted team or one of the emerging leagues abroad he'd be a good shout. He is still only 26 and we clearly saw good technical ability at Citeh before we got him. Let us also not forget that he won our player of the year award in 2011/12 - small fee or a mutual release like Holman I reckon which would mean the team getting him wouldn't be so pissed off about paying his stupid wage demands.

Thats actually a very good question and one i have asked before elsewhere on site but no-one will know that until the window closes.

The money we have spent so far will probably be covered by the sale of Bent so assuming that Benteke stays it will be very interesting to see how much more we spend in this window Belgian Guy?

Whatever is spent, certainly for me, would indicate as to whether our chairman has renewed his vigour in the club and what confidence he has in our present manager to invest in players.

It may also be a return to sell to buy policy depending on who else we ship out, but again we won't know that until the window closes. 

Thats actually a very good question and one i have asked before elsewhere on site but no-one will know that until the window closes.

The money we have spent so far will probably be covered by the sale of Bent so assuming that Benteke stays it will be very interesting to see how much more we spend in this window Belgian Guy?

Whatever is spent, certainly for me, would indicate as to whether our chairman has renewed his vigour in the club and what confidence he has in our present manager to invest in players.

It may also be a return to sell to buy policy depending on who else we ship out, but again we won't know that until the window closes. 

Its actually ridiculous to know that in all seriousness, the combination of Bent's potential fee (lets say £6m) and his wages (£70k a week?) would certainly cover the majority of what it has cost for Lambert to get in 5 signings. I think freeing his wages up alone would cover all 5 players per week and his fee would cover more than half of the fees for said players.

Mental.

Whats the Milner talk for? Are we linked - James Milner is exactly the player we need imo. Bit older, wiser and more know how but doesnt stray away from the hunger that Lambert desires.

Or he's just on holiday.

Or he's just on holiday.

Just such a weak argument - im pretty sure Weimann was on holiday

Weimann wasn't on holiday. He came back after his internationals and went to Vegas after he signed. I'm not saying Benteke couldn't have done the same but nobody is signing a contract watching while they're playing blackjack or watching Penn & Teller or whatever.

Weimann wasn't on holiday. He came back after his internationals and went to Vegas after he signed. I'm not saying Benteke couldn't have done the same but nobody is signing a contract watching while they're playing blackjack or watching Penn & Teller or whatever.

Think you answer the point yourself. He could have come back, just like Weimann.

Â