Christian Benteke

Kwan

Jesus wept.

Media miss quotes, media making it up, blah blah blah. But only when it suites.

Look at the 'facts'. The way 'he' treated Genk to get what 'he' wanted.

Nuff said.

This is getting really boring.

• Like 1

My sisters friend is in Vegas and had his photo with Benteke. Not sure if its the same one as on twitter as not seen that.

He was out with Samir Nasari at the time, has that been mentioned? Hope he wasn't tapping him up for a man city move!

unless we don`t enough money and I will feel we are gonna miss out if we sell out on less than 30. If he keeps this progression he will be valued much much higher in a short period of time.

we are in a win ,win situation really.

Great if he stays, piles of money if he goes.

Thats the good thing about finding gems.

Money is only good if it is reinvested in the team.£20mil straight into Lerners bank account makes no difference to us as fans or the club as a whole.

Money is only good if it is reinvested in the team.£20mil straight into Lerners bank account makes no difference to us as fans or the club as a whole.

But we might be able to do something with the other 20 million we ought to get for selling Benteke.

Let's face it - (I think I can say this now without people jumping on my back) - He would rather play elsewhere. If he were desperate to stay at Villa, this would be done. Can we really afford (given our struggle last season) our best player not to be 100% committed to us. I am not sure we can. 

People will mention Barry - Barry was here 10 years and was much older, much more mature than Benteke. Plus Barry had a chance of Champs League football with us that season.

Then people will mention the world cup. Does he really need to play that well to go? Seems a pretty important part of the side to me. If Rooney did not play well all season, we would still take him. Not that I am saying Benteke is as important to Belgium as Rooney is to us. Also, is the world cup the pinnacle of a footballers career? The last 2/3 tournaments tell us no it is not. Champions League football is.

Deep down I am clinging to Richards positive vibes from a few days ago, but otherwise I would still be gob smacked if he stayed. And if he does, then I doubt he will be 100% happy.

Let's face it - (I think I can say this now without people jumping on my back) - He would rather play elsewhere. If he were desperate to stay at Villa, this would be done. Can we really afford (given our struggle last season) our best player not to be 100% committed to us. I am not sure we can. 

People will mention Barry - Barry was here 10 years and was much older, much more mature than Benteke. Plus Barry had a chance of Champs League football with us that season.

Then people will mention the world cup. Does he really need to play that well to go? Seems a pretty important part of the side to me. If Rooney did not play well all season, we would still take him. Not that I am saying Benteke is as important to Belgium as Rooney is to us. Also, is the world cup the pinnacle of a footballers career? The last 2/3 tournaments tell us no it is not. Champions League football is.

Deep down I am clinging to Richards positive vibes from a few days ago, but otherwise I would still be gob smacked if he stayed. And if he does, then I doubt he will be 100% happy.

In football it just isn't that simple - it isn't like you being given a pay rise at work. It'll happen when it happens. But because nothing has been said so far it means nothing at all.

Good points Woody, however the thing is he will want to go to the World Cup to play, he has much more competition for his place than Rooney does, hence the problem. I can't see him leaving unless Villa are offered incredibly stupid money and you think there aren't many teams out there that will pay it.

how much did we pay for Benteke?

£5mill or £7mill?

5 mill i think

It was 7million.

Good points Woody, however the thing is he will want to go to the World Cup to play, he has much more competition for his place than Rooney does, hence the problem. I can't see him leaving unless Villa are offered incredibly stupid money and you think there aren't many teams out there that will pay it.

how much did we pay for Benteke?

£5mill or £7mill?

5 mill i think

It was 7million.

In the papers - pretty sure the actual fee was 5 mill which a few have said on here.

He said he'd be happy to stay at Villa. 

Let's face it - (I think I can say this now without people jumping on my back) - He would rather play elsewhere.

That is a stupid, unnecessary, dumb, negative thing to say, so no, you can't say it without people "jumping on your back".

He hasn't played anywhere else, so even he doesn't know whether he'd rather play elsewhere.

He might want more money than we're offering, and he might be interested in having a go at playing elsewhere, but I doubt he knows, and I VERY much doubt you do either.

• Like 2

Â