Christian Benteke

Kwan

Fair play but don't be too harsh. He is a good Emile Heskey. A really really good Emile Heskey. With goals and ability and stuff :)

I cringe at the quotes Lambert has made about Benteke. I really think he has told him he wants to leave. They are very naive otherwise. I think the lack of commitment to signing an improved contract is telling. I think the 40m price tag is telling and I think Lamberts quotes are telling. He is off.

The quotes do not mirror the conversation broadcast on the air at all in terms of context. Lambert was merely saying that people forget how young Benteke is because he has the physical stature of an older professional.

The emphasis was on looking older than he is, rather than acting younger than he looks and that he is still developing both as a person and within is career.

Im more concerned about the whole situation rather than that single interview. I see what your saying but I think over the last couple of weeks its become a bit of a shambles. Up until then Lambert was just saying 'he is going nowhere'. That seems to have been swapped for waffle.

Don't mistake all the crap that has been self generated by the media for 'waffle' from the people that matter.

But thats just it, the media could not generate anything from Lambert before, It was simply - He is going nowhere.

Yes they could during the season, there were many questions regarding Benteke, where he stated he'd tripled his price, he'd be better off staying here.

• Like 1

well his full interview is on Talksport, have a listen and you will hear the full context. Just as Benteke has been misquoted, so has PL in this instance. The Birmingham Mail reads better.

http://tinyurl.com/lppukof

Paul Lambert has reminded Christian Benteke that he is better off staying at Villa to allow him to mature as a player.

Speculation continues to surround the future of Benteke, who is expected to be in action in Belgium’s World Cup qualifer against Serbia tonight. But Villa do not wish to sell the 22-year-old striker and have offered him a bumper extension to the three years remaining on his contract.

“Outside influences are sometimes dangerous for a footballer,” said Lambert.

“He’s a top lad and people forget he’s 22 years of age. He’s got a mature physique on him but the brain has not developed into a man and he’s still a young kid learning the game. He’s been great, as have a lot of the young lads, but they are developing into mature men and being footballers.

“Any player who moves the pressure is really high. Any player moving clubs is taking a gamble as you may not play as many games.”

He's 22... If I'd had a season just like I did, then my manager started saying this (Bold highlighted) along with other Journo's claiming bs like 'he needs to grow up'. I'd be pretty pissed off aswell tbh.

Well if he's pissed off then it proves his brain has not developed into a man.

Meh I'd disagree with that. He has been as good as gold really in terms of saying he'll play for us next season but if a big offer comes in where everyone comes to a compromise then he'll leave. Which is completely understandable. We're not talking about a 17 year old wonderkid we're talking a 22 year old man. The rest i agree with though.

It was the context of the interview, Lambert praised him, said he is a top lad and he can really become great. A 22-year old is still young in terms of the figures banded about.

I cringe at the quotes Lambert has made about Benteke. I really think he has told him he wants to leave. They are very naive otherwise. I think the lack of commitment to signing an improved contract is telling. I think the 40m price tag is telling and I think Lamberts quotes are telling. He is off.

The quotes do not mirror the conversation broadcast on the air at all in terms of context. Lambert was merely saying that people forget how young Benteke is because he has the physical stature of an older professional.

The emphasis was on looking older than he is, rather than acting younger than he looks and that he is still developing both as a person and within is career.

Im more concerned about the whole situation rather than that single interview. I see what your saying but I think over the last couple of weeks its become a bit of a shambles. Up until then Lambert was just saying 'he is going nowhere'. That seems to have been swapped for waffle.

Don't mistake all the crap that has been self generated by the media for 'waffle' from the people that matter.

But thats just it, the media could not generate anything from Lambert before, It was simply - He is going nowhere.

Yes they could during the season, there were many questions regarding Benteke, where he stated he'd tripled his price, he'd be better off staying here.

I agree. Lambert apparently said CB is going nowhere and then the media misquoted CB when after pushing him on him being stuck at Villa.

If you examine exactly what PL and CB had said specifically about staying/moving, it would not amount to anything like waffle. The media will stir things up until any deal is done. When that happens is mostly down to CB and his agent so I don't see why anyone should see it as a shambles.

• Like 1

If we sold for £25m I'd be pissed off. These players don't come around very often and everything is in our favour... contract length and his age.

We don't need to sell so if his market value is £25m I'd be annoyed if he left for anything less than £35m.

There's - Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, PSG, Borrussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich

And then there's - Spurs, Plop, Athletico Madrid and everyone else.

He's got to go to one of the top line for no less than 40m if he's going to go at all.

At the same time, if each season we're showing improvement and the above doesn't happen, he should stay as a Villa player in my opinion. This is the type of ambition we have to show now to correlate with Lambert's attitude and philosophy.

There's - Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, PSG, Borrussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich

He's got to go to one of the top line for no less than 40m if he's going to go at all.

At the same time, if each season we're showing improvement and the above doesn't happen, he should stay as a Villa player in my opinion. This is the type of ambition we have to show now to correlate with Lambert's attitude and philosophy.

Inter have been doing poorly for a few seasons now, they're the Liverplop of Italy.

And Borussia Dortmund were almost relegated in 2008 (they managed 40 points) so fortunes can change quite quickly, often within the duration of a players contract. 

Inter have been doing poorly for a few seasons now, they're the Liverplop of Italy.

To paraphrase Alex Ferguson... With regards to Man City?.... 'I wouldnt sell that mob a virus'

Not after they ripped our club apart with the millions from those oil barons... Not after their supporters suddenly have this sudden sense of entitlement to every cup and piece of silverware ever forged from ore... I hope they never win another thing in their history... and to be fair, they have further emphasised my dislike for teams that play in blue and white.... small heath, Scotland, France, Everton, Portsmouth, Wigan and them... What is it with that combination of colours that makes me bloody hate a football side?!?

More chance he's watching Bruyne,Lukaku and Courtois  :D

Probably this. As the "rumors"(dunno if it really is) he is not gonna send lukaku back out on loan. So I doubt it. He will probably keep an eye on benteke but I doubt that is the priority at all. Would really surprise me if they made him their target when chelsea basically has unlimited funds. Worst part is, if they do come knocking then I would think benteke wants to leave :(

More chance he's watching Bruyne,Lukaku and Courtois  :D

Probably this. As the "rumors"(dunno if it really is) he is not gonna send lukaku back out on loan. So I doubt it. He will probably keep an eye on benteke but I doubt that is the priority at all. Would really surprise me if they made him their target when chelsea basically has unlimited funds. Worst part is, if they do come knocking then I would think benteke wants to leave :(

Well if he does go to Chelsea then he will be a bench warmer, but why is Mourinho not watching Portugal V Russia? puzzels me.

Commentator just mentioned there are 15-20 scouts from Top European clubs watching the Belgium vs Serbia game tonight.

Incredible. The increase of Belgian talent is at its peak.

Third best team in Europe next to Spain and Italy.

Commentator just mentioned there are 15-20 scouts from Top European clubs watching the Belgium vs Serbia game tonight.

Incredible. The increase of Belgian talent is at its peak.

Third best team in Europe next to Spain and Italy.

Germany might have a thing or two to say about that.

Â