Christian Benteke

Kwan

I agree, so when he does leave it will be for astromical figure and will break our record for sale of a player IMO.

Edited for you.

You make Benteke sound like a god, at times this season he has been pretty shit and nowhere near consistent enough for a CL team. He still has a lot to prove.

I would of stuck by him like Lambert. It was clear as day from the off that he was better than both Bent and Heskey by some margin. You only had to see the way he played to see that. He owes us nothing really. he has done exactly what we paid him to do and more. He is an absolutely top notch player that is far too good for us and it will be some time before we see a player as good in a villa shirt.

Wow! I think he's going to be a great player but in my opinion your comments are way over the top.  He's had a really great first season for us and showed immense potential and scored a bucket load of goals.

He isn't too good for us, that's a bizarre statement to make.  He owes us another three years on his contract that he signed last year so he does owe us something.  We also were the team that took the gamble on him (you may say it wasn't a gamble but nobody else put a real challenge in to buy him over us).  I think he's had a really great first season but like many that have come before him at our club and other clubs he needs to continue to do it at this level into the second season and then some big club can buy him.

I can name a number of players that I feel were better than him at our club in prior years, different positions and consistent over a number of years so if we did lose him i'm sure over the next couple of years we would get somebody else of quality in the club.

• Like 1

He will only go to Lpool if they meet our valuation, which I would guess be around 35 m. He isn't going to throw his dummy in to play for em that's for sure.

In away them coming in and asking how much has blown the likes of Arsenal and Spurs out of the water in a money point of view, they would never pay over 20m for him.

It's down to our management judge how much he's worth, and at 35m I would let him go.

Benteke is a good player, he never started that well, missed a sitter before he scored and had a few indifferent games after that, Lambert and the most fans stuck behind him and he came good after that show of good faith. I'm not sure other teams with more demanding fans and management would have or will do.

However it's his career to manage and we have a club to manage that's more important than any one player. UTV

• Like 1

Yawn. So when is this mercenary off then and who are we getting in as a replacement.

Can't believe we've got yet another summer to look forward to of this bullshit.

This is why the club MUST make a statement

Why? So forum mongs like us can pick it to pieces within five seconds and read what the **** we want into it regardless?

What's the point. There's a world outside, join it. I hear there's a tesco and everything...

• Like 4

This is why the club MUST make a statement

What is the point? I mean seriously what is the point? if they came out and said he wasn't for sale would you believe it?

Only yesterday you were dismissing out of hand the quotes from Richard Dunne about his injuries this season and his compliments about Lambert and branding those who took them at face value as naive.

Then 24 hours later you are demanding a statement from the club because a player is linked with a move. Seriously, make your mind up. You can't dismiss things one day then demand them the next and expect to be taken seriously.

Besides if the club issued a statement every time a player is linked with a move or some guy in a suit in Tesco's discussed it they would get nothing done.

• Like 3

What is up with tesco? Are you talking about the store? Inside joke or such, I haven`t been on VT that long.. :P

A poster on here once claimed a player was on the move after hearing two guys in suits in Tesco's talking, from memory I think it was supposed to be Bent to Liverpool.

Â