Christian Benteke

Kwan

So what do you know, it's pretty much what everyone thinks.

He's happy to stay but if someone comes in with a warchest of 30M+, what are you going to do?

"If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise where everyone one wins. But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good! And then there is a huge trust in me. "

That's the only relevant part really. Basically he's happy to stay but if the club get a huge offer from somewhere he'd like to go to then he may well leave. Who knows. I think he'll stay for another season myself.

Might as well sell him this summer then if he's going to leave in the next year. Why delay finding his replacement for a year?

Where do you want me to start? Us finishing higher up the table? Us showing some ambition? Him almost certainly commanding a higher fee next summer? I could go on.

Dm just read it, man that's annoying. I thought with arsenal heavily linked to Jovetic and Higuain that they wouldnt bother, and he'd give us another year.

Now i'm slightly worried, hes on international duty with Lukaku the tosser who claimed he needs to further his career.

Also saying he wont accept being held ransom at the villa (Understandable) but he forced through a move to us remember, whats to stop him doing it again ?

We got benteke cheaper than genk wanted because of that situation and now he might do it again if we dont let him go.

If PatrickCousens' translation is accurate it all sounds a bit sensible really. It has to be the right deal for us, him and the interested club.

I suspect the only clubs that are going to make Benteke sit up and notice are really the only clubs that will be able to make it worth our while - ie a well chased-up Champions League club. I can't see it being Spurs unless they are offering crazy wages and crazy transfer fee and let's face it, Spurs don't do that.

My take is that there is real interest in him and I reckon Villa have a crazy-money price in mind and a bit like Newcastle with Carroll they will sell if someone hits the right number. Benteke will back himself to do well anywhere, but from what I can tell he's backing himself to make the step up to a big, big club; not just an also-ran like Spurs.

For the first time in a while though I think we have a manager who will use the money wisely. McLeish spent the best part of the Downing money on N'Zogbia, Given & Hutton. Lambert spent about the same last summer and got us nearly a whole squad.

okay well im getting a completely different source then :

Quote:

“If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won’t necessarily accept that,” he said. “I do not in any way want to feel I didn’t get the most out of my career.”

source:

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/aston-villa/benteke-quotes-open-villa-exit-chance?

Not that it means much but searching in Benteke and its all over twitter.

Edited by kevangrealish

Might as well sell him this summer then if he's going to leave in the next year. Why delay finding his replacement for a year?

Where do you want me to start? Us finishing higher up the table? Us showing some ambition? Him almost certainly commanding a higher fee next summer? I could go on.

Why delay the inevitable? It's not a case of ambition, the whole footballing world knows he will not stick around with us for a long time. Do not see the point in keeping somebody at the club who will leave within 12 months. When we could use the cash to strengthen other key areas in the squad and the scouts can look for a replacement for Benteke.

Let's give him another year to really see how good he is.. a lot of players have been great one season and then vanished from the radar. Not saying that will happen to Benteke, but now he has got pressure and limelight on him, something he didn't have this season. When he came he was a 7M unknown player from Genk, now he is a 30M "star" in the Premier League. Huge difference, and many fail to impress after that. I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be devastated if he left for 30M+ (which I doubt anyone would pay at the moment given my above sentiments).

Christian Benteke put his future parentheses to Serbia

BRUSSELS As lightning, Christian Benteke will not take long to strike. One season in England it will be enough to carve a name and draw the envy of all major gondoliers, "If I went to Aston Villa, is that I was sure to succeed, but it is true that I had no idea it would go so fast. "Remain, will not you? That is now the question that could shake the English summer.

Gotta love internet translations. He's certainly drawing the envy of all major gondoliers at the moment.

Christian Benteke put his future parentheses to Serbia

BRUSSELS As lightning, Christian Benteke will not take long to strike. One season in England it will be enough to carve a name and draw the envy of all major gondoliers, "If I went to Aston Villa, is that I was sure to succeed, but it is true that I had no idea it would go so fast. "Remain, will not you? That is now the question that could shake the English summer.

Gotta love internet translations. He's certainly drawing the envy of all major gondoliers at the moment.

Belgium Yoda. Remain, will not you?

Another year here would mean a lot.

If he repeats what he's done this season and follows it up with a good World Cup we can add some extra millions on to the price tag.

It would also give us a chance to finish higher in the league next season which I believe will then make us a more attractive option to a replacement.

Â