Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we lose him, in all probability it's going to be late because a club hasn't got in who they wanted and are desperate for a quality striker. This is the danger with release clauses. 

Agree completely. Worrying times ahead.

If we lose him, in all probability it's going to be late because a club hasn't got in who they wanted and are desperate for a quality striker. This is the danger with release clauses.

Baring in mind who we have ( gabby weimann & Robinson ) i dont see us going out signing a striker on the basis someone might meet the value of the clause

so surely we'd still give a date in which to sort it?

if he insists he wants to leave then hes got to be dropped from the squad no matter what he offers us as a player..then he will either leave to someone meeting the clause or be forced to come begging back to play

unlike Liverpool if other teams want him they dont **** about. Chelsea like doing their business really early, Mourinho wants all his signings before pre-season so if they want him they will get him early

We are far from a Swansea Southampton or spurs. World's apart.

Would say he's pretty much gone and like it or not, Liverpool would be a massive step up.

I disagree, I think we have had a bad few years, but we are not too far behind Swansea or Southampton, and Spurs are where we should be aiming.

I'll have what you're drinking.

We are nowhere near Southampton who have been back in the premier league only 3 seasons and have had success with a modest budget and by selling their best players over the years?

We are nowhere near Swansea who are managed on a tight budget, sell their best players to bigger clubs and have a young manager who is still learning the ropes?

I don't get it - we have had a terrible time in the past few years, loads of instability and still survived every year, and we have the nucleus of a very good team and could quite easily finish top half next season with the right additions. 

Yes we are behind Swansea and Southampton, but we could easily catch them up within a season. Ditto we are not far behind Everton, Stoke and others. The gap between us and everyone outside the top six is very minimal and would not require a massive amount of investment.

People on here overly negative.

Spurs are further ahead - fair enough.

Baring in mind who we have ( gabby weimann & Robinson ) i dont see us going out signing a striker on the basis someone might meet the value of the clause

if he insists he wants to leave then hes got to be dropped from the squad no matter what he offers us as a player..then he will either leave to someone meeting the clause or be forced to come begging back to play

We can't give a date though. If someone meets the release clause they can do it whenever they want.

We can't give a date though. If someone meets the release clause they can do it whenever they want.

then if his agent tells sherwood he wants out then leave him out the tour and prepare for the season without him.i know its unfair on benteke but bo point playing someone who dont wanna be here when could be geling someone in the team who does

Seems to me both his Agent and Cb haven't learnt from last time ..you need the buying club to confirm they have the money to buy you before you start making moves to leave !

• Like 1

I think one of his biggest issues may well be that he hasn't had a particularly amazing season, amazing end, but not amazing overall.

Is he the kind of striker that slots into any style of play? Personally I think he can be but I have reservations about whether or not the bigger sides will agree.

He'll be at Man United by September.

No he won't.

Ohhhh yes he will!

My post makes it look like I know something. I don't. I'll rephrase

"If I was putting a bet on where he'd be in September, I'd choose Man Utd"

And I think he'll be bloody good there too.

• Like 1

No he won't.

Ohhhh yes he will!

Don't waste your money.

No he won't.

Ohhhh yes he will!

Don't waste your money.

Is this you pretending you know something?

Or do you just disagree?

Where do you think he will be in September?

Â