Christian Benteke

Kwan

Nice message from Wilmots thanking Benteke for his contribution in qualifiers and stating he will make sure they will do him proud. Think Belgium have a great unity between players, compare that to England.

How do England not have great unity between players?

Walcott gets injured, I never see his fellow Internationals giving him support, a few Arsenal players yes. Compare that to the Support Benteke has got from his International team-mates.

Love how fans state he doesn't care etc, tell me which player truly does.

Gabby.

On the games I've seen this season if you judged who cared more out of him and Benteke, Benteke by a long distance.

Not really. Benteke just has more ability and is the better player.

Doesn't mean he cares more.

So what determines Gabby cares more? Is it because he's born near the ground.

Yes and he supports the club and is our longest serving player having played his whole career here.

He will obviously care more than Benteke who thought we were from London and is an Arsenal fan from Belgium.

Also, Gabby has never handed in a transfer request.

Not that I have anything against Benteke by the way.

A few things, Gabby supported Arsenal as a kid, longest serving player, he's in a lucky position as not many other clubs would be in for him IMO. Gabby has never handed in a TR because he's never needed too, as he's been given everything he's wanted anyway.

I do rate Gabby, but I don't buy this notion that he cares more for the club than anyone else.

So you don't think that Gerrard cares more for Liverpool than the other Liverpool players?

Whats Gerrard got to do with this debate? You asked the question about Gabby caring more and I don't think he does.

Well Gabby is our version of Gerrard.

He has played for Villa for 20 years now and you think that he doesn't care more than foreigners who would be gone in a flash if we got relegated.

Nice message from Wilmots thanking Benteke for his contribution in qualifiers and stating he will make sure they will do him proud. Think Belgium have a great unity between players, compare that to England.

Walcott gets injured, I never see his fellow Internationals giving him support, a few Arsenal players yes. Compare that to the Support Benteke has got from his International team-mates.

True but I guess it's because they all play for rival clubs.

Also it helps that all Belgians are together in a foreign country so they probably feel more Belgian and they enjoy going back to their home country to play games, speak their language etc.

Can this type of injury effect his pace and more importantly his leap?

People always say about "Benteke's pace" - I honestly can't remember a single time he's won a foot race against anyone of notable speed.  He's strong and has good technique (on the whole lolz) but I've never seen him as a particularly quick player.

Well you've got the whole shagging your team mate's bird for one..

People always say about "Benteke's pace" - I honestly can't remember a single time he's won a foot race against anyone of notable speed. He's strong and has good technique (on the whole lolz) but I've never seen him as a particularly quick player.

He's not gabby fast but I think he's pace is an asset.

Well you've got the whole shagging your team mate's bird for one..

John Terry is retired from international football.

So you don't think that Gerrard cares more for Liverpool than the other Liverpool players?

like when he hand in transfer request in 2005

Like when he retracted it and stayed at the club for his whole career.

Even if he left he would still care for the club more than Mamadou Sakho for example.

People always say about "Benteke's pace" - I honestly can't remember a single time he's won a foot race against anyone of notable speed. He's strong and has good technique (on the whole lolz) but I've never seen him as a particularly quick player.

I think he is quick in relation to his stature, same goes for his footwork

Christian Benteke is feeling okay, after his injury. Agent Kismet Eris to @VTM "He's mentally strong.He knows he can't turn back the clock."

Eris on Benteke: "He wanted to shoot, and suddenly he heared a noise. He thought someone had tackled him from behind." (source: @VTM)

Eris on Benteke: "Even people on the centre line heard the sound of the tendon rupture." (source: @VTM)

Damn our training regime! Making our players shoot like that!

• Like 1

Â