Christian Benteke

Kwan

I blame it all on the clueless idiot in charge of the tactics. Benteke isn't going to play himself out of a World Cup on purpose

Brilliant.

So his inability to control the ball, pass or head is down to Lambert?

There seems to be no rhythm or pattern to Villa's play. It must be very difficult for a striker to get in the groove and play naturally. I think Benteke's stuttering performances are as a result of literally not having a clue as to where the ball's going to be hoofed to next.

I think his injury didn't help but I think his lack of confidence is mainly down to the way we play and TBH he must be getting fed up with it.

In a few years time when he's scoring goals for fun for a bigger team we can remember how we wasted such a talent.

• Like 4

I think his injury didn't help but I think his lack of confidence is mainly down to the way we play and TBH he must be getting fed up with it.

In a few years time when he's scoring goals for fun for a bigger team we can remember how we wasted such a talent.

I agree with you about the injuries hindering his form, but I feel you are using the tactics/way we play as an excuse - you see how easy it is to make an excuse when you want to try and see the best in someone/something, you are very quick to point out that any defence of RL or PL is an excuse. #justsaying

Personally, I'm really disappointed with Benteke since Xmas. I'm willing to excuse the games that he has played when only semi-fit, but he has been playing well below the level that he set for himself last term. If he wasn't getting chances then I could understand, but he looks like he can't be arsed half the time.

I blame it all on the clueless idiot in charge of the tactics. Benteke isn't going to play himself out of a World Cup on purpose

Brilliant.So his inability to control the ball, pass or head is down to Lambert?

If a manager surrounds a good player with a pile of shit, don't be surprised if he starts to be affected by it. In a better team Benteke would thrive. Sadly he might need to move to achieve this.

• Like 1

I agree with you about the injuries hindering his form, but I feel you are using the tactics/way we play as an excuse - you see how easy it is to make an excuse when you want to try and see the best in someone/something, you are very quick to point out that any defence of RL or PL is an excuse. #justsaying

Personally, I'm really disappointed with Benteke since Xmas. I'm willing to excuse the games that he has played when only semi-fit, but he has been playing well below the level that he set for himself last term. If he wasn't getting chances then I could understand, but he looks like he can't be arsed half the time.

You can think its an excuse but the stats show that we play some of the worst football in the league. They show how many long balls we play. How is any striker meant to succeed playing that way? We saw what he can do and towards the end of the year he was brilliant and funnily enough we played some super football.

• Like 1

Brilliant.So his inability to control the ball, pass or head is down to Lambert?

If a manager surrounds a good player with a pile of shit, don't be surprised if he starts to be affected by it. In a better team Benteke would thrive. Sadly he might need to move to achieve this.

Not just surrounds with shit but encourages shit players to play shit football.

I doubt we'll unearth a talent like benteke for a long time and we've wasted having such a gem.

How is any striker meant to succeed playing that way?

I agree. Benteke would do better with better players around him and Kozak did brilliantly to get 4 goals in his limited appearances because our playing style is awful.

• Like 1

How is any striker meant to succeed playing that way?

I agree. Benteke would do better with better players around him and Kozak did brilliantly to get 4 goals in his limited appearances because our playing style is awful.

If you can call it 'style' in the first place

But yet you can state that kozak, playing in the same system, is a waste of money. How?

But yet you can state that kozak, playing in the same system, is a waste of money. How?

Because one scored more league goals in a season than any other player in our prem history and one hasn't.

Reading your opinions on other areas I'm not surprised you can't see a difference between the two players.

Seems to be getting a very easy ride here from certain posters. Not everything can be blamed on the play-style, has been let down numerous times from poor touches, decisions and finishing which is down to him alone. Any one season wonder claims are in no way entirely unjustified in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 goals in 22 league games with a reasonable supply is not good enough when the team is basically built around him.

Possibly he has not completely shaken off his hip and knee injuries. 

There is also the possibility that he is protecting himself more in a World Cup year. One to look for if he is pulling out of tackles.

Edited by PuntersAdvice

Because one scored more league goals in a season than any other player in our prem history and one hasn't.

Reading your opinions on other areas I'm not surprised you can't see a difference between the two players.

I'm not saying their the same level or near it. But if a player as good as benteke has looked poor in the system this year, then how wouldn't a player probably not of the same ability like kozak be able to stand out?

7 goals in 22 league games with a reasonable supply is not good enough when the team is basically built around him.

Possibly he has not completely shaken off his hip and knee injuries. 

There is also the possibility that he is protecting himself more in a World Cup year. One to look for if he is pulling out of tackles.

7 goals from 22 games isn't totally awful given his injuries and our diabolical play. At least in isolation.

However, he has scored two penalties and he scored on a rebound from a missed penalty against Arsenal - which takes his tally of "normal" goals to just four.

I'm not going to take away penalties as goals, they are extremely important especially for a team that gets many of them like Real Madrid, but you know what I mean. If you score 15 goals and 11 are penalties, you aren't exactly pulling it off in regular play even though your tally looks nice. In Benteke's defense I do remember the goal against Chelsea for example, that was just sublime. The positioning, the touch and the release was pure class - it looked like Van Persie or Thierry Henry finishing that shot.

The streak he went on without goals was shit though, and I don't think he wants to be here anymore. We don't play at his level and he is tired of carrying the team around, no matter how good you are you won't excel if you're only giving 75% each game. The sad thing is of course that his market value has plummeted since last season and the start of this one, I don't think anyone would want to pay above 25M for him now. Our only hope is that he goes on a real streak and scores a lot of goals in the next weeks...

So he’s basically immune from criticism?

because Kozak has played a full season?

So you think he was going to break our premiership goal scoring record this year?

So you think he was going to break our premiership goal scoring record this year?

Â