Christian Benteke

Kwan

Laughable that he’s just quality and thats that.

If he is so amazing he could do it even in this shit side, at some point people might have to accept that he’s not all that.

I’m not saying he isn’t a cracking player, but its getting close to there always seems to be an excuse for his poor play.

• Like 1

I still maintain 100% that Benteke is World class.

You can't be considered world-class after one season, no matter how good it was.

This season hasn't finished yet & there is a World Cup too awaiting the beast just around the corner where he will prove my point.emphatically.

• Like 2

At the moment he'll have to significantly up his game to even play in the World Cup. Manager has already said he won't play Lukaku and Benteke at the same time, so one is going to spend a lot of the time on the bench, and on current form it's pretty obvious which one of them that'll be.

And while I'm at it: the newest very annoying feature on the site is that people are put down in one thread because they were wrong about another player in another thread. Real buzz killer.

No you might of missed it but that has been happening for ages. Remind me how many times Morpheus' original comments about Benteke have been brought up now?

That isn't any different to people who made their mind up how great somebody like Luna was based on pre-season.

And while I'm at it: the newest very annoying feature on the site is that people are put down in one thread because they were wrong about another player in another thread. Real buzz killer.

No you might of missed it but that has been happening for ages. Remind me how many times Morpheus' original comments about Benteke have been brought up now?

That isn't any different to people who made their mind up how great somebody like Luna was based on pre-season.

Or Lichaj against West Ham reserves.

Or Lichaj against West Ham reserves.

I wasn't basing it on that but thanks anyway.

Edit - seems to be an intentional misunderstanding too. I said:

A) He was more solid defensively than given credit for.

B ) I wouldn't have had a problem with him going if Luna wasn't far worse.

Edited by Isa

Andy Gray said on Talk Sport this morning he was hearing lots unsettling rumours about CB.

What does that mean??

No idea, he didnt elaborate. Just interesting he said it.

Andy Gray said on Talk Sport this morning he was hearing lots unsettling rumours about CB.

What does that mean??

No idea, he didnt elaborate. Just interesting he said it.

But rather typical for talkshite, no substance at all to the throw away statement?

CB is class. What he did last season was too good to be a one season wonder IMO. He is no Grant Holt or Carlton Cole.

I just think that as he is one of 4 of our best players last season who has turned to shite this season that there is something else behind the fall from grace.

I wouldn't worry about his current form, as it appears to me that it's all a matter of confidence. On stats from last season and this season so far it's clear he's just not going about the game with the same conviction, seeming hesitant when it matters. Average shots per game has fallen from 3.1 to 2.5 roughly a seventh reduction, aerials won form 7.9 to 6.9, however his offsides are decreasing dramatically and key passes are on the up, his general positioning seems fine, perhaps he's not gambling as much but his overall play, (Target/hold up) I believe is getting better. We've seen he has the ability to produce something spectacular from little opportunity, and at times playing for villa it's the only way, you don't loose that ability overnight, the key thing (determination) is still there, he's lost some composure in-front of goal, he's taking the extra touch, apprehension! It will pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Â