Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he'd scored that penalty against Everton he'd probably have banged in another 5 or so since.

The chance against United for example, I think it was Albrighton who played him in early doors his touch was heavy and nothing came of it. Last season his touch would have been spot on and he'd have buried it. Just needs 1 to get the ball rolling. 

• Like 1

If he'd scored that penalty against Everton he'd probably have banged in another 5 or so since.

That was a big game or us as we were playing some lovely stuff in that first half and should've been 2 up by HT.

Edited by StanBalaban

I think he'd have to start. The injury wasn't major. More rest than anything. Plus his confidence was low, he was extremely frustrated with himself and probably needed a break away from the training ground to get his head sorted as much as anything. Think he'll start if he is fit.

Come on lad! If he keeps his chin up and turns on beast mode we all know the guy can score. 

Won't be able to make VP for the rest of the season probably but I think the fans have to be behind him like nobody's business. Just scream "Benteke" for 90 minutes.

Over and over again or just one really drawn out time?

The thought of a single chant of "Benteke" drawn out to last 90 mins has really tickled me!  :D

I was at a Crewe away day once and the fans (about 800) sang "Daaaavid Artell, Ada aswell!!" For 90 minutes i shit you not. 

• Like 1

The prospect is so deliciously rascal, I'd love to see it happen. A 90 minute, single chant of "Benteke", irrespective of what's happening in the game.

Constant, whether they score or we score. Simple, beautiful "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnt" HT - silence - "Ekkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" FT - silence once more.

Imagine how freaked out the opposition fans would be.

I'm thinking about this too much now. It consumes me.

I desperately want this to happen.

• Like 1

We all assume he is leaving in the summer but which teams need him & will pay 25m+ for him

Man City Chelsea Man U & Liverpool won't buy him. Arsene won't pay 25m for him.

Bayern, real, barca, psg, juve, AC don't need him. So only Athletico & Dortmund would possibly be willing to pay 25+ for him with both costa & lewandoski both leaving.

So maybe there won't be a bidding war like we expect, possible he could stay on even longer

Edited by dakid007

We all assume he is leaving in the summer but which teams need him & will pay 25m+ for him

Bayern, real, barca, psg, juve, AC don't need him. So only Athletico & Dortmund would possibly be willing to pay 25+ for him with both costa & lewandoski both leaving.

So maybe there won't be a bidding war like we expect, possible he could stay on even longer

Liverpool could very well lose Suarez, real are shot on strikers, van Persie is getting older and there are rumors he could leave. If he finds the same form he had last year I don't think arsene would have an issue stumping up £25m either.

Liverpool could very well lose Suarez, real are shot on strikers, van Persie is getting older and there are rumors he could leave. If he finds the same form he had last year I don't think arsene would have an issue stumping up £25m either.

Man U hav Rooney welbeck Hernandez rvp is 30, Liverpool will be more likely but they could keep Suarez. I want benteke to go out the premier league that's for sure seeing him slaughtering us at villa park is not cool

Heard today that he will leave and go to either Arsenal or Chelsea for 25 million. Also heard that he could of gone for 7 million in the summer but Villa convinced him to sign a new contract and paid him a decent amount of cash to sign it.

Not been injured and has been training most days.

I don't know whether to believe the above or not but thought I would post it. The lad I work with uses a players season ticket and drives him to games.

Also said Baker is a clearing in the woods and Albrighton never wanted to come back from his loan.

Well whoever told you that he "could" have gone for 7m is talking absolute rubbish, spurs tried 18m and it wasn't enough so would 7m be enough?

Who knows what goes on in the world of football pal I believe less and less about what I hear in the media these days. I am guessing Spurs bid 18m is what you heard in the media? Genuine question as I don't really know what to believe these days.

Â