Christian Benteke

Kwan

Was the service any better last year when he was banging them in? I thought that's why we all rated him so much - he was making chances from nothing and scoring all types of goals. Furthermore, the reason Darren Bent didn't fit into the team was because he needs service to be anything close to effective. 

It's not about the service, Benteke was awful today - woeful first touch. A good number of our passing moves ended with him miscontrolling. Not only out of form but playing like he doesn't want to be here, perhaps we should have cashed in over the summer.

Exactly.

How about that it can't all be blamed on bad service? He doesn't get the best service, but he does nothing with what he gets. Today for example, he miscontrolled passes in dangerous areas numerous times. That can't be blamed on bad service. If he had better service, then maybe he'd be more up to scratch. It's not as 2 toned as 'he gets bad service' or 'he's not playing well'. There is a middle area that is conveniently forgotten time after time.

I don't think its all down to bad service. He's clearly out of form since his injury but the way we play doesn't help. None of our strikers look good the way we play at the moment. Benteke is our only true quality player I see little point turning on him.

Was the service any better last year when he was banging them in? I thought that's why we all rated him so much - he was making chances from nothing and scoring all types of goals. Furthermore, the reason Darren Bent didn't fit into the team was because he needs service to be anything close to effective.

It's not about the service, Benteke was awful today - woeful first touch. A good number of our passing moves ended with him miscontrolling. Not only out of form but playing like he doesn't want to be here, perhaps we should have cashed in over the summer.

Service doesn't just mean putting a chance on a plate for him. It's the kind of balls he gets. Also last season as a bit of an unknown quantity he wasn't a targeted man. He gets no help from the average Tashkent around him.

Service doesn't just mean putting a chance on a plate for him. It's the kind of balls he gets. Also last season as a bit of an unknown quantity he wasn't a targeted man. He gets no help from the average Tashkent around him.

Of course service doesn't mean it being put on a plate for him and we all know our team is short on quality.

However, today there were a number of occasions where we passed the ball around and Benteke lost possession. A number of occasions where this happened and he wasn't really under any extraordinary pressure. I'm not sure I buy the unknown quantity thing either - I'm sure at some point last season teams wised up to the fact that he was the danger man and started to target him, it's not as though it took every other team in the league until the start of this season to realise the goals were coming from him.

He has been very poor all season. He was scoring goals at the start of the season without playing well, and has since gone on to play badly without scoring goals.

I think he's getting frustrated which has led to the performances dropping, but they weren't great this season to start with.

As someone who felt he could force a move away from the club in the summer, he really needs to start showing some quality. I wouldn't start him on this form.

7/1 Beteke to Tottenham in January on skybet, worth a punt?

He is more then likely off I think. Can't see any other reason why we are trailing Locadia.

Right!

...or could it be that we are not trailing said player?

Should've scored when Marc played him through brilliantly in the first half, but his touch was embarrassing for any professional footballer let alone one hoping to be starting for one of the top sides at the World Cup.

I actually thought the touch was intentionally, I don't think he knew rafael was there so he was hitting it out into space where he could get a clean strike away.

7/1 Beteke to Tottenham in January on skybet, worth a punt?

He is more then likely off I think. Can't see any other reason why we are trailing Locadia.

Right!

...or could it be that we are not trailing said player?

Helenius's agent who works with the same agency as Locadia's agent confirmed to me on Twitter that Locadia's agent was at BH.

This backs uo Moxley's story also.

Should've scored when Marc played him through brilliantly in the first half, but his touch was embarrassing for any professional footballer let alone one hoping to be starting for one of the top sides at the World Cup.

I actually thought the touch was intentionally, I don't think he knew rafael was there so he was hitting it out into space where he could get a clean strike away.

Yeah, that's the way I saw it.  Being very generous though and I still think he's a donkey!

He needs to start watching some of the best world class strikers and see how they deal with 2 and 3 men on them when they get the ball, at the moment he doesn't have a clue

He should watch some of his own performances from last season.

• Like 1

He has been sussed out... Teams know who he is and what he can do so they don't take him for granted or give him space and they do what they can to snuff him out... Unfortunately, we don't have adequate quality in any other position to cause defenders to feel like it is worth leaving him alone to negate other risks... Its bloody frustrating to watch... Especially after two completely flaccid and inept performances on Sky, two weekends in a row...

Â