Christian Benteke

Kwan

don't know about here until the Summer - if Lawro has his way, Arsenal should  "give Villa what they want for Benteke in January"  (according to today's Mirror) he goes on to say he will score loads with such a good supply as he will get from Arsenal and needn't worry about not getting games becuause Giroud will never play the whole season.  Blah Blah Yada Yada :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised he gets annoyed at times. He must know he's better than us and could be playing with better players. I don't think it's a bad thing he gets annoyed.

Henry used to hammer teammates at times at arsenal.

....Except Henry didn't need feeding.

• Like 1

I'm glad he was fuming when Bowery didn't pass to him. I was seething too!

He's a striker and all good strikers want the ball. The time to worry is when he doesn't react in that manner.

CB is still a little rusty but he'll soon be back firing on all cylinders.

don't know about here until the Summer - if Lawro has his way, Arsenal should  "give Villa what they want for Benteke in January"  (according to today's Mirror) he goes on to say he will score loads with such a good supply as he will get from Arsenal and needn't worry about not getting games becuause Giroud will never play the whole season.  Blah Blah Yada Yada :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

Of course the press are desperate for villa to sell their best assets, nothing new there h'es going to go either way at some point i just hope when he does that lambert gets a good chunk of the money.

I think Tekkers will be sold in January, probably to Spurs. We'll buy that other striker from Genk for 1/6th of our Benteke haul and call it a day.

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of that happening

I think Tekkers will be sold in January, probably to Spurs. We'll buy that other striker from Genk for 1/6th of our Benteke haul and call it a day.

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of that happening

If we are firmly mid table and unlikely to get drawn into a relegation fight, he could easily be sold if he pushes for it again and we get our price.

If Spurs weren't willing to match our price in the summer why would they meet it in January?

If they have a sniff of an automatic CL birth, or even the league, then they might pay up. Arsenal could very well be a destination, too. 

If we were to even consider selling him in January then I hope we've accumulated 40 points by then!

January is notorious for inflated transfer fees which will work in our advantage if we don't buy a replacement. Whilst I'm confident Helenius and Kozak will turn out to be more than decent I suspect it will take them the remainder of this season to adjust.

It's not worth gambling our PL status for the sake of a few extra million in January. 

If we were to even consider selling him in January then I hope we've accumulated 40 points by then!

January is notorious for inflated transfer fees which will work in our advantage if we don't buy a replacement. Whilst I'm confident Helenius and Kozak will turn out to be more than decent I suspect it will take them the remainder of this season to adjust.

It's not worth gambling our PL status for the sake of a few extra million in January. 

Depending on how many points we have at that point I don't think we'd necessarily be gambling our PL status. I think we've shown over the last couple of months that we're not the one-man team everyone thinks we are. While obviously he's our best player if a club came in with something silly like £40m I think we should take it, just so long as we play our cards right and get all of our players in before he departs and every man and his dog knows how much money we have to spend.

I don't see it happening either, mainly because unless he hits some serious form leading up to Christmas he won't be looking anywhere near the £30m player we were selling him as in the Summer.

For a club to meet such a valuation it would take some serious balls as what if, God forbid, he did turn out to be a one season wonder. It's a lot of money to fork out on a 23-year-old who isn't in form and has still only had one standout season but in my opinion if there is to be somebody who flashes the cash, it should, would, and could be Wenger.

That said, we've got some decent fixtures coming up after the break and with many of our injured players coming back, it could be time for Big Chris to prove his worth.

• Like 1

Â