Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

I for once can't wait until the transfer window closes.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?
Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.
With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.
What is your problem mate? I'm posting my thoughts on a forum. Why have you got to tell me 'to get over it' as if I'm hoping Bentake still leave.

You need to learn how to speak to people and stop being a keyboard warrior all the time.

I'm sorry but what is your problem? One of the best Villa players has just signed a new contract and all you seem interested in is asking a redundant question.
Screw you Mantis. I'm over the moon but having a discussion. I'd love to see you speak to my face the way you post.

Who's the keyboard warrior now? :lol:

It isn't happening. He's staying for another season.

Lol fair enough you got me there. Ok I'm happy. But if he leaves this summer I'm coming for you!!! ;)

Amo, I really don't think your last comment is appropriate! This is a happy thread right now but that kind of talk should probably be made by a PM ;-)

Mantis, you obviously hit a tender spot there mate lol

Seriously tho what if a bid comes in. I'm delighted but I'm not gonna get over excited until transfer widow closes.

there is no way he'd leave this transfer window he just extended til 2017 100M£ or no deal XD for spurs its 250m£

I think it will just be a year to help him for World Cup but who cares! What if we make Europe?

That's the thing!

If Lambert can continue strengthening the team (1 more player, minimum), and we can push for Top 10, or even Europa League. Then Benteke might be more inclined to stay another season, expecially considering he will still have 3 years on his contract next summer.

It also means that Lambert might want to spend slightly more on an attacking midfielder, to take a slight gamble that we can get Europa League, just so that Benteke stays for longer!

we should offer Benteke to spurs for 2m£ and when they accept just say: just kidding hahaha got ya

I think the best thing about Benteke signing today is that I don't have to hate you. ;)

I love our Belgium guys again!

:o did u hate me in the benteke soap time? :P

Of course not but your VillaTalk spirit will always be stronger whilst Benteke and you are both our Belgian guys!

• Like 1

Apart from the fact we have another season with the king up front, the best part of this for me is the fact that if he does have another brilliant season (i have no doubt of this) then imagine his value after this and his role in the world cup. We could be looking at a player worth £35-£40 milllion!! Over half the value of this football club when Randy bought us :D

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

I for once can't wait until the transfer window closes.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?
Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.
With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.
What is your problem mate? I'm posting my thoughts on a forum. Why have you got to tell me 'to get over it' as if I'm hoping Bentake still leave.

You need to learn how to speak to people and stop being a keyboard warrior all the time.

I'm sorry but what is your problem? One of the best Villa players has just signed a new contract and all you seem interested in is asking a redundant question.
Screw you Mantis. I'm over the moon but having a discussion. I'd love to see you speak to my face the way you post.
Who's the keyboard warrior now? :lol:

It isn't happening. He's staying for another season.

Lol fair enough you got me there. Ok I'm happy. But if he leaves this summer I'm coming for you!!! ;)
Amo, I really don't think your last comment is appropriate! This is a happy thread right now but that kind of talk should probably be made by a PM ;-)

Mantis, you obviously hit a tender spot there mate lol

I apologise but it was a joke. I gotta admit Mantis does make my blood boil though with the way he posts. He always has to be right lol

But yes, we are all happy right now so ill keep it sweet :)

I don't rate Christian as highly as many others on here, but as Mr Lambert has pointed out the challenge of finding another player like him would have been immense. Not only the ability to play the lone striker, the presence to create space for our speedy wide players to take advantage of and also the goals? Would have been nigh on impossible. 

I have to hand it to Christian here too. I suspected he may stay against his will, but the second the deadline passed and after a chat with the manager he's not only staying, but he's committed too. He could have dragged this out and made it impossible for us but instead unlike players of the past (Barry I'm looking at you) he's put his head down and got on with it. He made a big mistake there, but fair play he's going to make up for it I'm sure. 

If he can carry his late season form on over a full season we're looking at a 30 goal striker. Then £50m. 

• Like 1

Seriously tho what if a bid comes in. I'm delighted but I'm not gonna get over excited until transfer widow closes.

there is no way he'd leave this transfer window he just extended til 2017 100M£ or no deal XD for spurs its 250m£

Dontt you just love Belgian Guy? I do! NO HOMO

I think he's great, hes/ a great leel poster! and I find it so lovely that he was frightened wed be mad at him because he had a benteke picture as his DP and in his sig it says There is no God just Benteke, so he removed them but now all is good he's got them backk

• Like 1

this is absolutely fantastic news, he might only stay for one more season, but next season is where it counts, lambert almost has his squad together, now its time to head for europe

im over the moon hes staying although my head is still telling me to not to believe it and accept hes going to leave, but that could be because were so used to disapointment, lol

let the good times roll

Guys, lets just stay happy yeah?

Next season we have things like this:

benteke.gif

This:

Benteke_Goal_medium.gif

And this:

Kirsten_Benteke.gif

To look forward to. Be happy.

What the **** am I talking about above? I don't rate him as highly as others? I'm clearly talking absolute shite.

He's brilliant isn't he? 

• Like 3

Â