Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yeah I agree with the sentiment about Spurs.

They are a much better team than us, but they are also never going to challenge for anything unless something strange happens. They are going to win games, compete in the cups and finish around 15 points behind the winner (at best) of the Premier League. However, is that worth all this nonsense? Benteke, if he is that good, could have stayed here and then all the big clubs would come in and circle him. If he gave us 20 goals in the league next season, the big clubs would understand that he indeed is a brilliant player and not just a one season wonder. Man City are paying 20M for Alvaro Negredo, a kind of dull but very effective striker. Can he hack it here? Fits the profile of a player that will not, but let's wait and see. It's all about showing how good you are over a period of time, and if he spent one more season here it would benefit Benteke in the long run IMO. He could play for Man Utd, City or Chelsea in a year, but he will stay at Spurs for 4 years and never win anything, and his reputation will be much lower than it would have been compared to at those clubs. Would not be surprised if Lukaku was Belgium's main guy when the next season ends.

Going to Spurs? Not going to win anything more than at Villa Park. And if he wants to leave in a season then they are going to play hardball again, and we know they have a better team in that department compared to us. Benteke should wait for a better club, a club that can actually win things, instead of going there.

Still think he's doing what most would have done after scoring 23 goals in his first season and then be offered around 40K a week as a wage increase in the premier league.

He's trying the club's resolve in the best way he can by asking for a transfer. IF we get any offers for him we can then consider how much he is worth to keep him pay wise or if we sell then to the highest bidder.

The best solution is a performance related deal e.g. games played / £25K each goal bonus he scores - £10K for assists, along with the whole team getting a reward for final league position / points won. 

This time next season who knows how much better / worse he maybe ?

Edited by hanxamillion

Presumably people were less fussed when Benteke used Genk? Presumably they picked him out of lesser obscurity themselves, and paid his wages? Should footballers all stay at their very first club? Come on.

As far as I'm aware, we made a bid for him, this was rejected, he then said he wanted to leave and we made another bid which was accepted. Yes he kicked up a fuss to leave them but we'd made an official bud and our intentions clear that aloe wanted him in the right way. I must of must the bids that have come in for him this time.

Presumably people were less fussed when Benteke used Genk? Presumably they picked him out of lesser obscurity themselves, and paid his wages? Should footballers all stay at their very first club? Come on.

As far as I'm aware, we made a bid for him, this was rejected, he then said he wanted to leave and we made another bid which was accepted. Yes he kicked up a fuss to leave them but we'd made an official bud and our intentions clear that aloe wanted him in the right way. I must of must the bids that have come in for him this time.

Translator required for the last two sentences. :huh:

Still think he's doing what most would have done after scoring 23 goals in his first season and then be offered around 40K a week as a wage increase in the premier league.

He's trying the club's resolve in the best way he can by asking for a transfer. IF we get any offers for him we can then consider how much he is worth to keep him pay wise or if we sell then to the highest bidder.

The best solution is a performance related deal e.g. games played / £25K each goal bonus he scores - £10K for assists, along with the whole team getting a reward for final league position / points won. 

Nobody knows how much he was offered.

I'd laugh if after all this Spurs bollox he ended up taking the russian shilling and freezing his arse off at Anzhi Makakalakalaka or whatever they are called. His agent would be laughing his way to the bank too, but poor little Christian won't be playing for Belgium any time soon.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Nobody knows how much he was offered.

Clearly he wasn't happy with whatever it was, my point is how does he negotiate for more ? transfer request is the way he has chosen( it's the best way fo rhis agent to get his hand on some more money too). the rest of the spurs interest / how much is he

to be sold for / won't turn up for training / go on strike -  is all cockney press speculation. 

I'd laugh if after all this Spurs bollox he ended up taking the russian shilling and freezing his arse off at Anzhi Makakalakalaka or whatever they are called. His agent would be laughing his way to the bank too, but poor little Christian won't be playing for Belgium any time soon.

why should he not play anymore for belgium ? axel witsel also plays for zenit st. petersburg and he is our defensive midfielder. in his time at genk he already turned down some ukrain club where he could make tons of money.

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

I think Benteke will go, before the end of the month and for 23/24m plus a sell on fee.

Think your bang on with that Dodgyknees from the "smoke" i'm reading.. They are saying similar on various Spurs forums too so looks like a done deal pretty much. Here is a link for what it's worth

http://tinyurl.com/ocmzsx8

It will be very interesting to see how things pan out if there are no firm offers that meet Villa's valuation in the next couple of weeks .

£25 million cash may well put Delboy Levy off and other than Spuds I can't see another offer coming in from the "bigger" clubs and Benteke needs regular first team football which only Spuds can realistically offer.My only concern is if Suarez leaves L'pool , will that change the transfer merry-go-round. The scousers were happy to part with some serious dosh for Caroll so they may do the same again.

David Villa ended up choosing to join Atletico instead of Spurs cause he was sick of Levy dragging the deal out. The same is happening here.

What signal does that send to Benteke? He wanted a quick resolution, but they still haven't even bid. I'd be pissed and feel like i've been messed around with.

Just  bid for him if you want him you cheapskate c***s.

Â