Christian Benteke

Kwan

There isn't a Spurs played i'd take as part ex apart from Bale + 10m

Dempsey, Kaboul, Bale, Dembele, Sigurosson, Holtby, and Sandro would all be excellent players to pick up from Spurs.

Let me translate that for anyone who doesn't recognise these names ;

Too old, Not good enough, Off to Spain, Inconsistent, Set Pieces Only, Who ?, and Injury Prone.....thanks but no thanks

There isn't a Spurs played i'd take as part ex apart from Bale + 10m

Dempsey, Kaboul, Bale, Dembele, Sigurosson, Holtby, and Sandro would all be excellent players to pick up from Spurs.

Let me translate that for anyone who doesn't recognise these names ;

Too old, Not good enough, Inconsistent, Set Pieces Only, Who ?, and Injury Prone.....thanks but no thanks

Sorry see below...I missed one out

I think people are way too harsh on him. Yes, he's a prick the way he acted, but the guy saved us from relegation. If not him, we wouldn't be in this league anymore. I'll always remember that. 

And we knew from start he was going act like that at some point in time, he went onto strike at Genk to join us for ffs.

Edited by Alakagom

Interesting point made on (spits) H&V

Benteke handing in a transfer request relinquishes his rights to 15% (which equates to around £4.5mil of a £30mil fee

Players don't get 15% of transfer fees if they get sold without asking for a transfer, they do however receive the balance of the wages lleft owing to them on there contract, in cb case, 3 years at 20k a week is about £3million

£25million and we are being robbed. £35million. Benteke was awe inspiring at times last season. 

This is the post of the day IMO.

I truly believe Benteke is worth £35 M minimum too.

Because of our previous track record I would be highly sceptical & suspicious of any player make weights in any deal & would hope the hierarchy of our Club have learned the lesson of Stephen Ireland & insist on a straight cash transaction only with any prospective suitors.

The only exception I would make to this rule would be  for Romelu Lukaku if/when Chelsea eventually enter the bidding.

The only problem I have here is understanding Lukaku's true value as he appeared to be on fire for the `Boggies` last season.

To sum up £15-20M + Lukaku & I would deal. ( Or is Lukaku worth more than £15-20M?) Am I being disrespectful in that assessment on Lukaku?

What do Wes & Belgian Guy value Lukaku at? I would really value your opinion to help me with this equation?

Anyway, the bottom Line is this. Benteke is 100% worth £35M Minimum, anything less & we're definitely rippin' ourselves off.

It's quite clear we're going to come to an impasse. Spurs don't want to pay proper money and we want £25m cash. Benteke will have to suck it up and be a man. I'll back him if he pulls on the claret & blue again. But he's destroyed the connection he had with the fans. He could have gone next summer after the World Cup and most fans would have accepted it.

• Like 2

It's quite clear we're going to come to an impasse. Spurs don't want to pay proper money and we want £25m cash. Benteke will have to suck it up and be a man. I'll back him if he pulls on the claret & blue again. But he's destroyed the connection he had with the fans. He could have gone next summer after the World Cup and most fans would have accepted it.

Before all this Transfer Request business, whenever anybody asked me if i thought Benteke would stay i instantly replied yes. I said that he would give us another season and if he scores another 15+ goals and has a good World Cup that we would understand him leaving and that although it would hurt i'm sure he would have left with most of our blessings-how wrong was I......

If you believe this: 

So Mat Law of Mirror reckons Finnbogason (Heerenven) or Castaignos (FC Twente) are PL's top targets if CB does leave.. #interesting #avfc

Based on my 3 minutes experience on wikipedia we should 100% got for Castaignos out of those two. 

Thats interesting, based on my 3 minutes i would've chosen Finnbogason! Whats your reasoning? 

£25million and we are being robbed. £35million. Benteke was awe inspiring at times last season. 

Because of our previous track record I would be highly sceptical & suspicious of any player make weights in any deal & would hope the hierarchy of our Club have learned the lesson of Stephen Ireland & insist on a straight cash transaction only with any prospective suitors.

The only exception I would make to this rule would be  for Romelu Lukaku if/when Chelsea eventually enter the bidding.

The only problem I have here is understanding Lukaku's true value as he appeared to be on fire for the `Boggies` last season.

To sum up £15-20M + Lukaku & I would deal. ( Or is Lukaku worth more than £15-20M?) Am I being disrespectful in that assessment on Lukaku?

What do Wes & Belgian Guy value Lukaku at? I would really value your opinion to help me with this equation?

Anyway, the bottom Line is this. Benteke is 100% worth £35M Minimum, anything less & we're definitely rippin' ourselves off.

Lukaku is an exeptional talent:

-he played already CL on his 16 with anderlecht

-he became topscorer on his 16e in the belgian competition

-he outmusculed every defender on his 16

he scored 17 goals in the PL on his 19 

i am not good in valueing players but he isn't far from Benteke's level. the only difference is Benteke can create his own goals lukaku still depends on ballsuply

this is a picture from Lukaku at his 16 193170e30bkaku-1.jpg.jpg

Edited by Belgian guy

If you believe this: 

So Mat Law of Mirror reckons Finnbogason (Heerenven) or Castaignos (FC Twente) are PL's top targets if CB does leave.. #interesting #avfc

Based on my 3 minutes experience on wikipedia we should 100% got for Castaignos out of those two. 

Thats interesting, based on my 3 minutes i would've chosen Finnbogason! Whats your reasoning? 

I will divulge: Wikipedia compared Castaignos to Henry, Inter signed him (so I thought oh he must have something about him), he is taller, and he's 20 when the other guy is 24. 

I just thought maybe Finnbogason should have pulled up more trees considering he is 24. But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. 

There ends my "knowledge".  ^_^

Edited by praisedmambo

If you believe this: 

I will divulge: Wikipedia compared Castaignos to Henry, Inter signed him (so I thought oh he must have something about him), he is taller, and he's 20 when the other guy is 24. 

I just thought maybe Finnbogason should have pulled up more trees considering he is 24. But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. 

There ends my "knowledge".  ^_^

omg no please dont get castaignos he is shit i follow the eredivisie he got lured by the big money  from inter but failed compleetly he went to fc twente and even there he's still shit.

i am not good in valueing players but he isn't far from Benteke's level. the only difference is Benteke can create his own goals lukaku still depends on ballsuply

Belgian guy! "Given a choice who would you rather see at villa, Lukaku or Benteke?"

Belgian guy! "Given a choice who would you rather see at villa, Lukaku or Benteke?"

well Benteke has proven hiself that he perfectly fits in the system that aston villa currently plays and as i said not much strikers have the abbility to create his own chanses on his age already. but imo lukaku has more talent in the long run. so id go for benteke and i honestly don't see lukaku come here :s

Edited by Belgian guy

Cheers Belgian Guy - Benteke & Lukaku in the same team must be absolutely awesome. I wonder if Mourinho will come to the same conclusion? Belgium must surely be the dark horses for 2014 WC.

They'll definitely fair better than our current crop of English Cloggers who are a total embarrassment that's for sure. :(  But that's another story.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

"I would guess that we have not offered him any more than the reported 20k a week more for good reason - that we need to off load some of the high earners that Lambert feels are of no use to the new evolving team before committing to more than we could get away with." If we have not already offered him any more than £20k a week and I would doubt we have not made it clear that we are prepared to do that to him and his agent then it would seem the club had no wish to keep him and were looking to move him on during this window hanxamillion and I would doubt Lambo would have had anything to do with that idea.

Any fee below 25 million is treason.

Ive learnt tonight that Benteke is going no where unless that fee is met........common knowledge. Thing is, ive also been told that the reason we wont budge is his agent. People at Villa are pretty annoyed because the player had given no intention that he wanted out.

In fact, what ive been told was Benteke was happy with staying for another  season and thinks well of Lambert. Feelings are  the player is taking to much from what is agent is telling him. He is to close to his agent and feels loyalty towards him.

The other bit ive heared is,Spurs are not the club that he will end up at......though it will be in London.

The guy is 50-50 with what he tells me, but ihas been within football for a long while, and a personal friend of Doug.

I think Benteke will stay for another season. He is happy.

• Like 1

Â