Christian Benteke

Kwan

he will leave on our terms as lambert has already said. if he stays and has a paddy or refuses to play then he wont get his move next season. i have no doubt lambert has told benteke the plan; we were only 5 points off 9th and 8 points off 8th place, thats a small margin that can be closed by new young players being brought in that can be developed into strong talents such as himself, bigger wage package, higher quality squad surrounding him that will help him improve further. He knows the deal, he knows we shone the light on him and if he's not interested let him go.

• Like 1

I honestly thought he would give us one more year..

Well its either a tap up or the contract negotiations have gone really badly!

His agent sounds like a right shit!!

His agent is trying to secure the best deal for himself & his client. Sadly that is the harsh reality of modern day football.

Likewise we have to get the best deal for AVFC.

Yeah he is, but its to the detriment of the players reputation. Not that it matters these days I suppose.

Hopefully we can get it sorted asap and Lambo can get spending again. COuld be a blessing in disguise, Idlike to see what lambert can do with big(ger) money signings,

I like your thinking! interesting prospect.

Well this has made me look like a bit of a knob to anyone I've spoken to about football in the past three months... "I think he'll definitely give us one more season"!

Ah well, if he stays in the prem then I hope it's to Chelsea; if not I'd rather abroad. Let's see who Lambert can pull out of the bag this time. Nowhere near as gutted as when Milner went, mainly because I trust this manager to sort us out.

Yeah I feel like a bellend myself. Silly me being optimistic I guess. Sigh. Feels a bit crap all around.

• Like 1

Wonder how much of the transfer fee Lambert will get to reinvest?

At least 60% youd hope.

Has to be all of it surely... 

I doubt Lerners going to pass up the chance to claw some cash back. Especially with the level of profit we would be looking at,

Personally, I would let the ungrateful shit rot. Its about time clubs made an example, and I nominate this treacherous leech for just that.

As for Footballl, well im watching just how much Chelsea give us and how we invest it. If its not to my liking, then im off. They can stick football. This is im afraid, the last straw for me, and I refuse to pay whatever little money I have into it anymore. I mean, whats the point???????????????

Way to go Randy! :angry: 

well, i knew this day would come i didn't expect it to be this soon. i am deeply dissapointed in benteke i would understand if u guys would ban me from the website. :(

Bite your tongue. Players, managers, owners, sometimes even stadiums -- they're all temporary. Fans are what make the club. You're one of us now. Villa til we die, Belgian Guy.

Not your fault BG... You, like us, are just 'a fan'... and although some players harp on about how important the fans are... Its just lip service... They don't give a monkeys about us... We see players come and players go.... Sometimes they stay and actually love the club (alas Gabby and Weimann)... Sometimes they scarper when it suits them like Messrs Yorke, Milner, Barry, Downing and, in this case, Tekkers... We will make a tidy profit and, fingers crossed, Helenius will be our diamond we picked up on the sly this season that nobody has heard of and everybody underestimates

The more i think about it the more i think that although his departure will leave a hole it could just be a blessing... 2nd season syndrome may well hit him hard and a new fresh strike force, whilst a risk could be not all bad. We still have Weimann & Gabby looked rejuvenated & we also have Helenius So with another addition to replace Benteke we should be ok. I trust Lambert to find the right man...

• Like 1

Personally, I would let the ungrateful shit rot. Its about time clubs made an example, and I nominate this treacherous leech for just that.

As for Footballl, well im watching just how much Chelsea give us and how we invest it. If its not to my liking, then im off. They can stick football. This is im afraid, the last straw for me, and I refuse to pay whatever little money I have into it anymore. I mean, whats the point???????????????

Way to go Randy! :angry: 

What's Lerner got to do with it?

Wonder how much of the transfer fee Lambert will get to reinvest?

At least 60% youd hope.

I bet you, that if he does not get the full amount, we may be looking for another manager. Hes got an eye for a player, but hes not a miracle worker, and he may start wondering whether he is just banging his head against a brick wall.

Because of his relatively low wages, we can easily afford to let him rot on the bench.  He should be thinking about 2 more years at $20k a week and a no big payday for moving on after 2 years of inactivity.  Suddenly $50k/week for a year followed by a big money move should look pretty good in comparison.

Lambert probably has a replacement lined up. Total faith in him. This is how the football world is, sadly. Can't blame Benteke for wanting to further his career.

my understanding is ....he has a replacement lined up.

Oh well, at least that is £20k pw off the wage bill, maybe we can afford to keep Ireland on now...

Totally gutted, and much as I have faith in Lambert, it is going to be very difficult to replace him. At least it isn't near the end of the transfer window.

I can accept him going to Chelsea, but not Spurs.

Lambert probably has a replacement lined up. Total faith in him. This is how the football world is, sadly. Can't blame Benteke for wanting to further his career.

my understanding is ....he has a replacement lined up.

Do tell TRO? :)

Because of his relatively low wages, we can easily afford to let him rot on the bench.  He should be thinking about 2 more years at $20k a week and a no big payday for moving on after 2 years of inactivity.  Suddenly $50k/week for a year followed by a big money move should look pretty good in comparison.

Not going to happen. Why cut of your nose to spite your face. Benteke has already gone, only question now is how the money gained is going to be re-invested.

The worry now is that it seems a systematic process has been put in place i.e transfer request , just to get the transfer fee down. Its clear he has been instructed to do this and its come from the buying club, hoping to get a bargain.

hope we play hard ball on that.

Don't blame the player in one way, he has no allegiance to us and is just has a "gun for hire" mentality.

I just want him gone now and move on.

Â