Christian Benteke

Kwan

Rather it were Chelsea or Arse than Spuds or Plop.

I honestly thought we were in no damger of losing him this summer, at least in that statement we have said we EXPECT him to stay. I think £30m is the minimum we should expect from any proposed sale. But it does suck unearthing someone, building a young side and then the crown jewell wants to do 1 after 1 season, so disappointing. And that kid at Bodymoor who tweeted either lied or Bentakemoremoney lied !!

Pretty obvious Benteke has been tapped up whilst away on international duty. If he is gonna go, which seems highly probable, I don't give a monkey's toss who signs him just as long as we don't let him go for anything less than £35M.

Cough up or Bollocks!

Rather it were Chelsea or Arse than Spuds or Plop.

I honestly thought we were in no damger of losing him this summer, at least in that statement we have said we EXPECT him to stay. I think £30m is the minimum we should expect from any proposed sale. But it does suck unearthing someone, building a young side and then the crown jewell wants to do 1 after 1 season, so disappointing. And that kid at Bodymoor who tweeted either lied or Bentakemoremoney lied !!

The kid seems proper bummed on Twitter, tweeted Benteke saying he can't believe he lied to him.

Poor kid.

Too late to hijack Lewandowski bid?

He hasn't even been at the club for a full year and already wants a transfer. ffs benteke you were a relatively unknown footballer at this time last year but Lambert put faith in you and then you just turn your back on him. 

Not too fussed. We all went into the last season thinking Darren Bent was going to be the main man. He was even captain at one stage iirc.

So we thought we'd go into this season with Benteke leading the line. Turns out it'll be someone else and PL will some more money to spend on developing his team.

No biggie, he'll find another.

We go again.

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

We have to be careful how we look at all of the money.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

Why would the money we get for Benteke have to go on paying the entire wages of a replacement?

The money should be made available to sign a player and his wages should be covered by the amount the club make each year from television.

I don't get this thinking at all.

We'd be adding £2.5m a year to the wage bill by bringing in any of the established strikers that have been mentioned as swaps - there aren't two pots of money - there's just the club.

And the club get a large amount of money each year.

The money we get for Benteke should not have to pay the transfer fee and wages for 3/4 years.

The club have a budget to spend - clubs think of players in terms of the full outlay, fee, wages, insurance, bonuses, image rights, amortisation - the idea that £25m in means £25m to spend is silly - it doesn't create extra money to spend on a wage bill that the club are still working to control.

I wonder though, is he a Mourinho signing? Mourinho prefers established players not younger ones

I think he's very much a Mourinho style player. Mourinho plays very direct football and it will be a case of 'give the ball to Benteke and let him score' just like it was with Drogba

Also, does Benteke have a release clause? Seems like a good number of players do.

There's a sell on clause for Genk anyway

I wonder though, is he a Mourinho signing? Mourinho prefers established players not younger ones

I think he's very much a Mourinho style player. Mourinho plays very direct football and it will be a case of 'give the ball to Benteke and let him score' just like it was with Drogba

Yeah, he's 100% a Mourinho signing

Anyone else feel like someone's just ran over their dog?

I thought I would but honestly I'm just feeling a bit indifferent about it. He might still stay but he will probably go, also I'm kind of excited to see who we might get to replace him.

Chelsea we'll have 7m and that chap Romelu Lukaku permanently thankyouplease

That will never happen. In lukaka accepting that deal he is admitting Bentekke is better and will give Bentekke an advantage for WC next year. Lukaka will not be coming to Villa as part of any Bentekke deal

Â