Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

11 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

However, from the 1st half I've just watched he has tracked back, swapped sides effectively with Grealish, been up and down the pitch with some good 1-2's and set up a goal.  I'd say if Grealish had done that he would have praise lavished on him. 

New season new chance as far as I'm concerned with no blinkers on....

This is welcome news. I always knew there was a quality player in there somewhere.

Qsuy8q.gif

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

He needs to earn another chance from me.  Last season I was thoroughly fed up with him and there is nothing he can say that will change my attitude.  If by some miracle he has had a total reversal in form, application, and professionalism and he can display it on a regular basis then maybe I will allow him to win me over.  It is a big ask though as my biggest problem with him is that I just don't think he is very good at football.

This. 

No surprise to anyone who watched us last season that Bacuna is poor. He's very poor on the ball and doesn't make the right decisions, decent cross for the goal (biggest contributor to that goal was Valdes though) but other than that his play was awful. 

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No surprise to anyone who watched us last season that Bacuna is poor. He's very poor on the ball and doesn't make the right decisions, decent cross for the goal (biggest contributor to that goal was Valdes though) but other than that his play was awful. 

Yes, I was at the match he was woeful

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Terrible player. Tried hard today but he's just awful

He used to remind me of Alan Hutton, crap player but one that gives his all. Sadly, last season he became more like Gabby, a crap player that couldn't be arsed. 

I think that is kind of why a lot of fans turned on him pretty heavily, we could accept his lack of ability, but not his change in attitude

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How the hell did he get so bad though? In fairness, in the first season, whilst inconsistent, he had some great flashes and games, also showcasing great set piece ability. Uncanny how players fall to pieces with us!

No more Benteke to cross to for a start...

He's always been a bit dodgy in possession and lacking concentration but I think that bumper new 5 year deal this time last year put him on easy street and he stopped working hard as mentioned above...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

A long , long way of being the worst player in a villa shirt today as some would have you believe.

true but he wasnt any use either. it was a typical 4/10 Bacuna performance which is his level. On a good day he can be 7/10 and on a bad day he can be 1/10

just not a good footballer

10 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

A long , long way of being the worst player in a villa shirt today as some would have you believe.

He really wasn't. Gestede was head and shoulders the worst but bacuna was utter garbage.