Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Terrible mistake for that second goal, but fair play to him, he kept his head up and carried on and didn't let it affect the rest of his game, even though it wasn't his best. That shows good character, especially when a player is so new to a club, it must be awful to give away a goal like that when you're still trying to embed yourself into the team. Hopefully it'll be just a rare lapse in concentration, as he's been great for us lately.

I think he's pretty limited as a full back

Athleticism will only get you so far he needs to read the game alot better

I don't really buy that though. As he has actually looked much better positionally then Lowton, who presumably reads the game better. I think Bacuna would have been getting a lot more credit for his defensive displays if RB were his natural position.

he had a complete stinker

two games on TV i have seen him play and both times he had hugely poor games. maybe he crumbles under the tv cameras who knows?

Two key free kicks (and man city was televised right?) is hardly the sign of a player who "crumbles under TV cameras"

he had a complete stinker

two games on TV i have seen him play and both times he had hugely poor games. maybe he crumbles under the tv cameras who knows?

Two key free kicks (and man city was televised right?) is hardly the sign of a player who "crumbles under TV cameras"

Every game is broadcast here live on TV (maybe not just in the UK?)

Don't think that has anything to do with it.

Was just a poor game from him on the day. He's been generally good.

Edited by Ghost

he wasnt great. I think Lowton should be brought back in at RB and move him into El Ahmadi's role. He can close them down just as good as Karim. Except Karim offers nothing else besides closing down.

he wasnt great. I think Lowton should be brought back in at RB and move him into El Ahmadi's role. He can close them down just as good as Karim. Except Karim offers nothing else besides closing down.

Yep. His 2 goals from open play offer us nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised, the Dutch are usually arrogant beyond belief.

His guy has potential...but further forward than where he's been playing for most of this season.

We should thank him for the two excellent free kicks out of nowhere at least as without them we could easily have had no home wins in the league this season.

• Like 1

Against Fulham Gabby and Bentekke we're giving him a bit of abuse off the ball. They were trying to give him a kick up the behind but it had the opposite and his head dropped. I know he is young but not a great sign

I don't understand why that's not a great sign? Different people respond to different motivational tactics in different ways, just because he doesn't like to be yelled at doesn't mean he has a bad attitude.