Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

There is an article on Sky Sports which I'm assuming has been linked already in here saying that the club have confirmed he is off and that it is 99% certain he has played his last game.

There is also a quote from someone at Bremen saying they would like to sign him but other clubs are in for him.

All together it is sounding promising...

I can't find the post, but I distinctly remember some Belgian guy giving his opinion on Benteke before we signed him - saying that he was hit and miss and probably wasn't ready for the step up to the Premier League quite yet. Look how that turned out.

I remember someone with knowledge of the Belgian league saying he had some very positive attributes and a lot of potential, but he was inexperienced and inconsistent.  I think that was fair.  He's been a great signing, and has improved in his time with us, but he's also had a few games where he's not done much.  I don't remember someone saying he wasn't ready for the PL, more on the lines of don't expect too much consistency.

If he is not consistent...lets have a few more.

Considering he is still learning his trade, come from a different country/league and played for a club fighting relegation most of the season and scored 19 league goals with very few penalties....I would say that's as close to consistency as damn is to swearing.

When people talk about benteke having bad matches they are not referring to not scoring goals. He has had some matches where he has practically been invisible, and that is what they mean. It`s not too take anything away from him, he has been absolute massive. But there are certain matches where we would have been better off if we had bent or another striker in form. And that might be worrying if he goes to a big team, where he won`t be the main man

When people talk about benteke having bad matches they are not referring to not scoring goals. He has had some matches where he has practically been invisible, and that is what they mean. It`s not too take anything away from him, he has been absolute massive. But there are certain matches where we would have been better off if we had bent or another striker in form. And that might be worrying if he goes to a big team, where he won`t be the main man

They are few and far between though... how do you know he is about to have a bad game and drop him for they never last more than 1 game?

A little harsh I think... even Messi had a couple of bad games last season...

VT back to tracking flight plans

Yes

Our spies are everywhere....

airports....stadium tours....their bedrooms in front of Twitter... you name it we've got it covered. :)

don't worry boys i got this. 

Â