Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Deserves a start. He's got potential, just needs game time to adjust.

Can we not just let him adjust in training and that way he won't be spectacularly shite when something is actually at stake?

Deserves a start. He's got potential, just needs game time to adjust.

Can we not just let him adjust in training and that way he won't be spectacularly shite when something is actually at stake?

No.

I don't really get the reluctance to give him a start to see what he can offer when the alternatives are people like Weimann who we can be almost certain will contribute zilch.

I don't really get the reluctance to give him a start to see what he can offer when the alternatives are people like Weimann who we can be almost certain will contribute zilch.

Since we have underachievers up front, he could be someone to bring on as a sub. He might be able to create something, but I still think Weimann is more likely to produce.

Edited by AVTuco

Interesting that people have been putting him up as an alternative to Weimann, even though Tonev is not a striker.

Where are you suggesting he plays?

Maybe if he's put closer to goal his shots will find the net before they leave the earths atmosphere!

He has without doubt given me the most joy watching Villa this season.

I've laughed so much watching him, great confidence early on! Just bladdering shot after shot over the bar.

I think he's got ability as well, he's just not shown it really. He's got two feet and has a tidy touch, the sign of someone with something to give.

Looks a much more talented player than Weimann, who is all work rate, and has done well to get into a Premier League side.

• Like 1

Yes I agree Electric Avenue but its a big risky to start with him i think.

But why is it less risky to start with somebody who has been woeful for like 95% of the season? That's what I don't understand.

But why is it less risky to start with somebody who has been woeful for like 95% of the season? That's what I don't understand.

At this point not much between them I have to agree. Whichever plays, doesn't really matter. Neither will score anyway.

• Like 1

At this point not much between them I have to agree. Whichever plays, doesn't really matter. Neither will score anyway.

Would be funny if Tonev sticks one in the net tomorrow now.... Just for funnies, hope he comes good, looks talented and just needs the coaching but we shall see!

He may well prove to be a flop, I'd just like him to have more than six league starts before I come to that conclusion. He has shown a few glimpses to suggest something might be there.

• Like 2

I've noticed a change in him, more composed.

I think expectations were very high at the start of the season and he was trying too hard to impress. His last 2 games I can see signs of something good on the horizon.

I have high (no pun intended) hopes for this this guy.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Â