Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Awful player offers nothing, if we shipped him out this month he would'nt be missed 1 single bit! Whoever has scouted this player needs a disaplinery. Send anyone of us out looking for a player for say 3 months on a budget and im sure we could find better than Tonev!

I think he was recommended to the club by Petrov.

No disrespect to Petrov but it shows he was'nt scouted.

Never a fan of him but maybe there is something we cannot see, just maybe... clutching at straws?

22/12/13

From the interview for CSKA Sophia

Alexander Tonev thinks he needs more time to fully adapt to football in the Premier League.

"It's very different, much more difficult. Every game and every practice play is not 100, but 140%. Maybe I need more time to adapt, because physically and mentally it's hard, but I never give up ".

Stoichkov

Tonev is an intelligent player who has become star in the Polish Championship. Now it's time to go in a big foreign team. Now everyone is talking about him because he scored a hat-trick of Malta in a World Cup qualifier and suddenly saw all his qualities. impressed not only me. opening game against Denmark had 80 scouts and half of them were watching the performances on the wing of Lech.'s no coincidence that it started to talk about his move to England, Scotland and Italy. Whether like me? do not like such comparisons. He should play as Tonev, not as Stoichkov. best copies are always worse than the original. But you can say that there are similarities between us - he's feisty, unconventional, fast and has a strong influence, "said Hristo Stoichkov.

Прочети повече на: http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=423700
Edited by ayshanne

Never a fan of him but maybe there is something we cannot see, just maybe... clutching at straws?

22/12/13

From the interview for CSKA Sophia

Alexander Tonev thinks he needs more time to fully adapt to football in the Premier League.

"It's very different, much more difficult. Every game and every practice play is not 100, but 140%. Maybe I need more time to adapt, because physically and mentally it's hard, but I never give up ".

Tonev is an intelligent player who has become star in the Polish Championship. Now it's time to go in a big foreign team. Now everyone is talking about him because he scored a hat-trick of Malta in a World Cup qualifier and suddenly saw all his qualities. impressed not only me. opening game against Denmark had 80 scouts and half of them were watching the performances on the wing of Lech.'s no coincidence that it started to talk about his move to England, Scotland and Italy. Whether like me? do not like such comparisons. He should play as Tonev, not as Stoichkov. best copies are always worse than the original. But you can say that there are similarities between us - he's feisty, unconventional, fast and has a strong influence, "said Hristo Stoichkov.

Прочети повече на: http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=423700

Thanks for this.

I stopped reading when it stated that Tonev is an intelligent player who...

Given time he'll either up his game, or will be sold.

Worst case, bought for a small amount, sold for a small amount and cost very little in wages.

I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, just taking longer to adapt to the new league.  HH said he does some great things in training.

Given time he'll either up his game, or will be sold.

Worst case, bought for a small amount, sold for a small amount and cost very little in wages.

I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, just taking longer to adapt to the new league.  HH said he does some great things in training.

Yeah makes the tea and brings out the cakes! :)

I used to love it standing in the Holte End when I was a kid at the times when  players accidentally shot or crossed the ball behind the goal, as I was sometimes the one  lucky enough to retrieve it, after winning a frantic scramble amongst all the  other scallywags, to enjoy the magical honour of not only getting a feel of the match ball, but also the chance to throw it straight back onto the pitch again.

Tonev would have been just perfect for all of us kids in those golden days days, as, judging by his current performances, ( or should that be lack of?)  we could have battled for the honour to retrieve it every time he touched the ball. ;)

Mind you, that scramble would have,  have to have been on the Holte End roof if Tonev decided to hit one of his trademark rocket shot moon searchers. :P

I was wondering how the guy was doing?

No surprise to me.

It makes me laugh when I read that he was a star in Poland. He has never been a star in Poland, never first squad player for Lech. I say that as Legia Warsaw supporter. Had had shown some signs for being promising player, but never was going to be top player. All the best Villa.

I forgave him that comical early game at Norwich when he seemed to be attempting to hit the corner flag from each shot as it was early in his career here but watched him again at Stoke and he was embarrassing, hardly saw v Swansea either.

I'd look to move him on in the summer tbh, I doubt he'll come back to hurt us. Just don't see anything in him that he's going to be a good player in the premier league.

I find all this Tonev bashing very harsh to be honest. Any young adult moving to a new country, picking up a new language and put in a high intensity atmosphere is going to have so much pressure on them it is bound to affect their performances for a short time at least.

I'm not stating that he is going to be a world beater but I'm also not writing him off at the moment and guarantee that he is a lot better than half of the comments which are written on this board - many of which are written by people who would no doubt also whither under the same pressure this guy is under.

To write him off to this extent after only 4 months in the league seems a little premature to me.

• Like 2

Â