Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

CrackpotForeigner

Yes, I'm the geezer who invented the term "Atomic Strike".

I said I was going to check Russian websites, what they were saying about Ivelin Popov?

I don't know if it was already posted? In the middle of September Krasnodar wanted 10 million euros for Popov from Villa. They say now Popov will be sold in January next year and that few top clubs are interested in the player.

• Like 1

Most of our players have massive depreciation / write off costs over their contract life, Benteke being possibly the exception, maybe lowton and Westwood too but jury still out on them too

What are you on about?

Most of our players have massive depreciation / write off costs over their contract life, Benteke being possibly the exception, maybe lowton and Westwood too but jury still out on them too

I really don't think that's true with the current crop of players.

• Like 1

How many pages will this thread go before everybody comes to the conclusion he is rubbish. Even if one if his 'atomic strikes' does find its way anywhere near the goal, it will equate to around one on target in something like 172 attempts (basically every time he gets the ball)

We all had 'that' kid in out junior teams that did the same annoying shoot from anywhere tactic and lose the ball.

I will remember this when he comes good.

• Like 1

What are you on about?
I would argue that every one of lamberts signings could be sold for a profit.

Edit. Just saw Zatman's post above. I could have just said I agreed with that ;-)

Edited by av1

CrackpotForeigner

Yes, I'm the geezer who invented the term "Atomic Strike".

I said I was going to check Russian websites, what they were saying about Ivelin Popov?

I don't know if it was already posted? In the middle of September Krasnodar wanted 10 million euros for Popov from Villa. They say now Popov will be sold in January next year and that few top clubs are interested in the player.

Do you mean "few top clubs are interested" or "a few top clubs are interested"?

How many pages will this thread go before everybody comes to the conclusion he is rubbish. Even if one if his 'atomic strikes' does find its way anywhere near the goal, it will equate to around one on target in something like 172 attempts (basically every time he gets the ball)

We all had 'that' kid in out junior teams that did the same annoying shoot from anywhere tactic and lose the ball.

I will remember this when he comes good.

I'm with Handsworthlion

He's 'atomic' because he once hit a nuclear reactor with one of his shots.

But no seriously, he's too keen to impress and clearly not that confident, he could do with shooting less and passing the ball off more. Can't help but think he's due a screamer pretty soon, today would be nice.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I'm in the "think he'll come good for us eventually" camp. I think the most frustrating thing with him at the moment is decision making. More often than not, when he attempts a long shot, there's always been a better option available, i.e. a good pass, and the shot ends up fizzling out the attack. Once he settles in a bit more then I'm sure that he'll know when to unleash one, as it seems at the moment that he's still finding his feet, playing in one of the most intense/difficult leagues in the world, so he's playing very 'panicky'. IMO, he had a much better game against Spurs in the Cup the other week. He produced an absolute peach of a cross and attempted a long strike at the perfect time and caught Friedel off guard. If someone was in the box in the right place then they could have possibly got on the rebound. Once he's had more game time and has settled/begun to relax a bit, I reckon he'll become a decent player for us.

What are you on about?
Facts. With it, deal.

Saying something is a fact doesn't make it true.

What are you on about?

Facts. With it, deal.

You seem to be a very confused person.

You're getting opinion confused with fact.

Opinion: A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof:

Fact: A thing that is known or proved to be true.

"Facts. With it, deal."  ............. and yourself confused with Yoda.

The fact is that these are young players, so therefore are still learning and improving. That is why it's reasonable to expect them to make a profit if/when they are moved on.

Jordan Bowery for example, hasn't made the break through yet but has still had a season training and gaining experience at one of the best facilities in the country. He has been working alongside

Internationals in Gabby, Weimann and Benteke and learning from them.

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

Played 20 mins, tried to make too much of an impact, but no worse than Gabby or Weimann.

Think he will be ok tbh, is very positive, has a bit of pace, seems to me to be putting too much pressure on himself.Will be ok after he gets a couple of good games behind him.

Â