2013 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship

CI

Newsflash, the legendary Norwegian commentator is back. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Truly legendary.

When that's said, wow the English u21 team is really poor and the Norwegian one looks rather promising which is rather comforting considering our national team is so so poor.

Best Norwegian generation in years I believe.

Edited by Skruff

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. "Maggie Thatcher can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the football World Cup.[4] Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Jack Woodward has nothing on that guy.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 1

There is a lot of hope in our 21 team, which is by far much better than our regular international team. I would say the ones that have the brighest future is Nielsen and Jo Inge Berget. Fantastic players, at least right now. Many of the others are so so really. But can`t complain, its the best generation we have had since the 90s at least, so our future might look good. 

rocket polishers

<3

Agree vandaq, except berget, really dont think he would make it outside norway

Perhaps, hard to say. Some of them might even do better, but it`s a hard one to call. For all we know in three years time some of them might sit in TL at a bottom team.

Edited by vandaq

The interesting question is that are young english players shit because they don't get to play in the first teams or don't they get to play because they are so shit? I am surprised that neither Westwood or Baker didn't get picked up since they actually played a lot in PL this season, as I was looking through the england u21 squad I noticed that many of them played in championship during the season.

• Like 1

The interesting question is that are young english players shit because they don't get to play in the first teams or don't they get to play because they are so shit? I am surprised that neither Westwood or Baker didn't get picked up since they actually played a lot in PL this season, as I was looking through the england u21 squad I noticed that many of them played in championship during the season.

Pearce is just favouring the bigger clubs with a hope of getting a coaching roll there, we have by far the best academy in the UK and he choose to ignore this.......Good luck Pearce hear Wigan and Wolves are still looking.

No villa players were initially picked

Fonz got a late call as a step in

But surely with our youth and reserve set up we should have 3 or 4 players in the squad.

There are several reasons why the team was so shit. Woy stealing the better U21s is a big reason, Pearce being a tool is another.

Mainly though it's because shit players like Henderson and Shelvey have gained big reputations from big money moves and are then picked based on said reputations despite being **** awful.

• Like 1

Pearce is just favouring the bigger clubs with a hope of getting a coaching roll there, we have by far the best academy in the UK and he choose to ignore this.......Good luck Pearce hear Wigan and Wolves are still looking.

Wolves have someone in

No villa players were initially picked

Fonz got a late call as a step in

But surely with our youth and reserve set up we should have 3 or 4 players in the squad.

said that in the general england thread, we won the nextgen, fulham won the youth league, norwich won the youth cup and yet in the under 19 / 20 / 21 england squads there is 1 norwich player and non from us or fulham

seems like the pick your favourites bullshit from the main squad filters down

Wolves have someone in

WHO,WHO!!! Dont't tell me...Mcleish. Lmfao

I find England failing at any level hilarious. I can't stand the England setup or anything it stands for.

Why? I think the fa is poorly run and the England squads suffer, but I still want England to do well

I find England failing at any level hilarious. I can't stand the England setup or anything it stands for.

Why? I think the fa is poorly run and the England squads suffer, but I still want England to do well

We owe England nothing. We've given them numerous internationals and all that seems to happen is they get tapped up. Detest the whole thing.

Â