2013 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship

CI

Agree with the fact Pearce is shite - but he hasn't been helped by the players that are unavailable.

Luke Shaw, Kyle Walker, Phil Jones, Raheem Sterling, Jack Rodwell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere and Danny Welbeck all either injured/'tired' or with the first team.

Tom Ince and Danny Rose were suspended for today, and Zaha is injured. Chris Smalling and Daniel Sturridge are only just too old to be there too.

Although our ignorance of the benefit of youth tournaments continues to dismay me (compare us to Russa, who have included Dzagoev in the squad - 27 caps for the first team), I really don't think we just watched the future of the English football team. 

Edited by Cizzler

Cholobah has flair, he'd be a good loan for Villa.

Personally, I resent young players using our club as a 'learning curve'. Kyle Walker was a necessity at the time. I believe he helped keep us up. So although Chalobah is a talent, I hope Lambert looks elsewhere. Unless he'll sign permanently of course ;) 

Although our ignorance of the benefit of youth tournaments continues to dismay me (compare us to Russa, who have included Dzagoev in the squad - 27 caps for the first team), I really don't think we just watched the future of the English football team.

See this is what really grinds me. The best players in that age group should be playing in the tournament rather than a shitty friendly against brazil. Mata played in te Olympics weeks after being part of the successful euro squad.

chamberlain being the prime example, the FA didn't want him tired for next years world cup, he played 33 games last season (hardly any of them starts) if he's tired then something has gone wrong, its a bullshit excuse

chamberlain being the prime example, the FA didn't want him tired for next years world cup, he played 33 games last season (hardly any of them starts) if he's tired then something has gone wrong, its a bullshit excuse

I agree, but I am glad that Wilshere has not gone. I think Wenger might have rushed him back a little when they were worried about finishing fifth.

Including Olympics etc thought they said on Sunday that Oscar has played 70+ games this season... So if he can cope why can't the ox?

Edited by mikeyp102

because pearce is our manager...

been that way for years but the FA keep throwing new contracts at him, at a guess the qualifying campaign and the 9 games without conceeding will probably see him survive again

We shouldn't be banging on about lacking our best players. When I semi slept through the Norway - Israel game I heard something like Norway missing their 5-6 best players - all with the senior squad. They'll all be available for Norway on Sat against us tho - shit! Two of them are aparantly on the radar of Spurs - Nordtveit and Henriksen.

Should be fun with Pearce's non present tactics.

Pearce is a dreadful manager and should have been sacked after last tournament. HE got lucky in 07 and 09 in that he has good players like Young, Milner, Hart, Cahill, Baines etc. and he still couldnt get decent tactics for them

I love the faith the English FA put into Pearce. He has never done anything to warrant it other than being foam-at-the-mouth patriotic. He's like the die-hard mascot that got the big job. Very amusing.

Â