Serious incident in Woolwich

The_Rev

• 2 months later...

His name is actually Stephen Lennon, not Tommy Robinson.

Some doubt even about that.

Sentencing the 30-year-old, Judge Alistair McCreath, told him: “I am going to sentence you under the name of Stephen Lennon, although I suspect that is not actually your true name, in the sense that it is not the name that appears on your passport.

Here.

• 2 months later...

Adebowalo and Adebolajo have been found guilty in court today. 

Hopefully a life sentence with no chance of early release awaits them.

The judge said that he is delaying sentencing until the conclusion of a review taking place in January, which will decide whether or not life should indeed mean life. With that it mind it seems that the judge is certainly thinking of a full life term

Seems I worded it wrong, it's not a review it's a court appeal regarding full life terms. As I said given that the judge is waiting on the outcome of said appeal it certainly would suggest he personally wants to throw away the key so to speak, but obviously the law is law and depending on the outcome of the case in January there are guidelines that he has to follow.

Life should mean life for these pair as far as im concerned

Do not know why a review is needed

Because it's not just about what you think is fair and just.

I'm of the opinion that such is the nature of their crimes that life should indeed mean life. They are both clearly very violent, abhorrent human beings at their very core. However, there is the issue of them being brainwashed to consider and should they be afforded the chance at rehabilitation should this brainwashing ever become "undone".

A review is the right thing to do, removing any human being from society forever, something that amounts to a death sentence for most, should be carefully considered.

• Like 1

Now here's a duo that will get a warm reception in the chokey.

I hope.

Would be fantastic if they got locked up in the same cell as that Marine Sgt thats just been sent down, I'm sure he'd like to meet them.

If the prison I worked in is anything to go by, they will find a great many friends in there. I was staggered at the number of muslim converts  I encountered and often they had committed particularly violent offences. I suppose they could have converted due to genuine remorse but ......

• Like 1

If the prison I worked in is anything to go by, they will find a great many friends in there. I was staggered at the number of muslim converts  I encountered and often they had committed particularly violent offences. I suppose they could have converted due to genuine remorse but ......

This is true, I know the nick you're on about as my sister still works there (Swinfen)

• 2 months later...
Â