Squad numbers for next season

Mantis

Only Ashley Westwood had more assists than him last season (1 more assist fwiw) despite Zog having nothing like a full season and look at the goals he scored too. All vital. He made the difference in quite a few games last season resulting in more points being gained in all bar one game. I think perception and reality are somewhat different on him last season if people went and looked. But as I say, he's probably on one of the bigger wages based on being a big transfer at the time, and his new status within the pecking order probably doesn't justify that outlay. If I was keeping anyone from 'the bomb squad'* it'd be him.

* How'd that name come about btw?

• Like 1

The only reason the numbers are set by clubs at the start of the season is so fans can get replica shirts.

You could submit a different set of shirt numbers to the match ref at the start of each game if you so wished but the fan sitting in the ground who'd paid out £50 for 'Benteke 20' might get a bit annoyed when he is wearing number 9 that match.

I thought there was some sort of restriction on the submitting of numbers, as in you can only change number during transfer windows or in extraordinary circumstances. Then again it's such an uncommon occurrence I imagine the rules aren't too defined, the only example I can remember was when Salifou agreed to give up his number for Makoun.

Only Ashley Westwood had more assists than him last season (1 more assist fwiw) despite Zog having nothing like a full season and look at the goals he scored too. All vital. He made the difference in quite a few games last season resulting in more points being gained in all bar one game. I think perception and reality are somewhat different on him last season if people went and looked. But as I say, he's probably on one of the bigger wages based on being a big transfer at the time, and his new status within the pecking order probably doesn't justify that outlay. If I was keeping anyone from 'the bomb squad'* it'd be him.

The Sun ran an article about Benteke, and they had quotes from one of the players who had been outcast, and he said they called them self the "Bomb Squad" and it just stuck.

• Like 1

The Sun ran an article about Benteke, and they had quotes from one of the players who had been outcast, and he said they called them self the "Bomb Squad" and it just stuck.

Cheers. It's a good name.

If I was to get a name I'd probably go with Weimann, but I've had to ban myself from getting names on shirts on grounds of superstition, as the player I get normally gets sold fairly soon after, Young, Barry, Milner, Mellberg, Yorke, even Ireland this season, the only exception so far has been Agbonlahor  :(

£65 for a Sylla shirt. Mental.

I got mine from the villa store this morning for £58.50 - Maybe because I went without for premierleague patches?

Yeah that sounds right, think I'm gonna wait a little bit.

I agree with the bulk of your post there BOF. I too rate N'Zogbia to a degree, though he has a touch of the Darren Bents about him. When he's not "on" you may as well have him running the line. He's too inconsistent to start regularly but I am surprised at the manner of him being "bombed".

I think he has things to offer that the other members of that particular squad do not. The ability to come on and change a game with a flick of his boot.

I'm disappointed. But they HAVE been give squad numbers, which suggests that *maybe* not all is lost.

All the players from 35 upwards are expected to leave.

Wonder if that means their numbers will be assigned to other players (possibly from the youth squad) as and when they go?

Edited by briny_ear

I seriously cannot decide who to get on the back of the kit! Someone decide for me. The first reply to this will be who I get!

N.B. No-one from the bomb squad please!

Okore #5 (assuming Steer doesn't win it ...)

Am I the only one who thinks the treatment of "The Fonz" is a bit harsh? Personally thought he should get another season to fight for his place, at least as effective as Bowery in my opinion. But I guess Lambert see's more behind the scenes and all.

Am I the only one who thinks the treatment of "The Fonz" is a bit harsh? Personally thought he should get another season to fight for his place, at least as effective as Bowery in my opinion. But I guess Lambert see's more behind the scenes and all.

Hasn't he had about 5 years now to fight for a place and prove himself? It's not going to happen.

Â