4 - Defensive midfielder

5 - Centre back

6 - Centre-back

7 - Right midfielder/winger

8 - Box-to-box midfielder

9 - Centre forward/Goalscorer

10 - In "the hole"/Playmaker

11 - Left midfielder/winger

Agreed.. Add in 18 flair player as sub (ala Yorke)

my nan always said that what you want and what you get are two different things

but saying that, he probably will get number 5

What squad number did she want and what number did she end up with?

• Like 3

1 Guzan

2 Lowton

3 Okore

4 Vlaar

5 Baker

6 Clark

7 Bacuna

8 El Ahmadi

9 Helenius

10 (N'Zogbia)

11 Agbonlahor

12 Albrighton

13 Steer

14 Luna

15 Westwood

16 Delph

17 _

18 Sylla

19 _

20 (Benteke)

21 Bowery

22 _

23 (Delfouneso)

24 Tonev

25 (Bannan)

26 Weimann

27 Bennett

28 Herd

29 Gardner

30 Carruthers

Unassigned: Players in bold and Given, Hutton, Ireland, Bent, Stevens, Johnson, Burke, Siegrist

Edited by skarroki

What number is everyone getting on the back of their kits this year, given that Benteke looks set to be off?

Im thinking Vlaar, never gone for a defender before, normally get Agbonlahor when i do get a shirt. Last kit i baught was the black away one from 10/11 but i will get this seasons home shirt

• Like 1

I wouldn't have got Benteke anyway! Probably go for Gardner or Weimann myself when I do eventually buy the shirt.

I know a lot on here don't care on here about the squad numbers but I am always interested in the changes to current player numbers and new signings numbers! They should really be announced soon shouldn't they?

• Like 1

Yeah you'd think it would be close to being announced? I think it's interesting and important too. Always look forward to it. I think numbers are significant, even if that is being a little bit sentimental. 

I'm debating myself as to which number to get. I love the kit this year and the last jersey I got I left it blank (because the one before that was Johnny Carew lol), so I think I'm due but just can't decide who to get! I'd love it if Andy Weimann took a lower number. I'm not personally a fan of him in 26. It feels so... temporary.

I'm definitely getting Guzan's black GK kit (and getting the sleeves tailored, I can't do the Joe Hart roll), but can't decide between Gabby, Westwood and Weimann for the away shirt.

Gabby is pure Villa, Westwood is the straw that stirs the drink, and Weimann is just because I think he's going to do great things this year for us.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Gonna try to get the Goose kit and take it to the US qualifier match in Kansas City to get it autographed (with a silver pen, I know all about Benteke and the black pen on black flag debacle)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are a list of players and number on the online store.

1 - Guzan

2 - Baker

3 - Bennett

4 - Vlaar

5 - Okore

6 - Clark

7 - Bacuna

8 - El Ahmadi

9 - Helenius

10 - Weimann

11 - Agbonlahor

12 - Albrighton

13 - Steer

14 - Luna

15 - Westwood

16 - Delph

17 - Herd

18 - Sylla

20 - Benteke

21 - Bowery

22 - Gardner

24 - Tonev

25 - Carruthers

34 - Lowton

35 - Given

36 - N'Zogbia

37 - Stevens

38 - Delfouneso

39 - Bent

40 - Ireland

41 - Hutton

42 - Bannan

Massive indicators of who isn't wanted. From Lowton onwards, all have had their numbers changed from respectable ones to late 30s/early 40s.

These could obviously be just placeholders of course, but interesting  nonetheless.

Â