Squad numbers for next season

Mantis

Am I the only one who thinks the treatment of "The Fonz" is a bit harsh? Personally thought he should get another season to fight for his place, at least as effective as Bowery in my opinion. But I guess Lambert see's more behind the scenes and all.

Hasn't he had about 5 years now to fight for a place and prove himself? It's not going to happen.

I agree to an extent, but I just don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip under Lambert, seeing as people were saying similar things about Delph before PL came along - saying he's had enough time and it's not going to happen.

Totally different. Delph spent more of his time injured and when he did play he was coming back from injury. Fonz has had ample time and opportunity, not to mention underwhelming performances while on loan to lower league sides. I'm happy Lambert is ruthlessly shipping out the deadwood. We've been sentimental about; and made excuses for; mediocre players for too long.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks the treatment of "The Fonz" is a bit harsh?

Perhaps not the only one but you would be in a very very small minority.

He just isn't good enough and that has been very clear for quite a long time.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the treatment of "The Fonz" is a bit harsh?

Perhaps not the only one but you would be in a very very small minority.

He just isn't good enough and that has been very clear for quite a long time.

Yeah, I don't know why I feel for him to be honest... I think ever since I went mad at his goal at Fratton Park I've seen him in a biased light. 

Edited by myko

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but notice that Weimann has still been wearing the number 26 shirt in preseason, despite the official numbers stating he's number 10. Why not just wear the number 10 shirt? Also, Lowton has been number 2 in preseason instead of Baker who has been wearing number 5 and Okore today wore number 3. You'd think with the official shirt numbers having been released that they'd wear those numbers instead, right? Weird since everyone else seems to be wearing their official numbers for the new season in the preseason games so far.

Edited by Ginko

I can't help but notice that Weimann has still been wearing the number 26 shirt in preseason, despite the official numbers stating he's number 10. Why not just wear the number 10 shirt? Also, Lowton has been number 2 in preseason instead of Baker who has been wearing number 5 and Okore today wore number 3. You'd think with the official shirt numbers having been released that they'd wear those numbers instead, right? Weird since everyone else seems to be wearing their official numbers for the new season in the preseason games so far.

i think the pre-season numbers made more sense too. Lowton looks like a no2 player, Baker is a typical british no5 and Okore has worn no3 several times for Demark.

It is weird but maybe they just want to carry on with those numbers in a kind of pre-season exclusive sort of way, then switch over officially when the official football starts

Delfouneso is definitely better than Bowery.

He's got talent.

Luke Moore was definitely better than gabby for the same reason.

Who would u rather have?

That is true but I'd rather have Delfouneso.

He's got talent.

Who would u rather have?

Luke Moore hasnt had too bad a career though, he has won more trophies than Gabby. Obviously Gabby is better for us, because of his style, just thought bringing up the Luke Moore analogy was a bit off. Edited by mikeyp102

He's got talent.

Who would u rather have?

Luke Moore hasnt had too bad a career though, he has won more trophies than Gabby. Obviously Gabby is better for us, because of his style, just thought bringing up the Luke Moore analogy was a bit off.

Too bad a career??? Didn't do a thing at albion and gets thrown on for last 20 mins for swansea every week!

Gabby is by far a better player and done far more in his career.

I'm not saying bowery will do well for us, more that delfouneso, I fear, will be another player that will fall by the wayside after showing so much promise early on. When I first saw Luke Moore I thought he was fantastic...he had everything, and was so strong on the ball for a young lad. Delfouneso the same...but without that real drive and determination these young lads will never progress on talent alone

The only reason I feel sorry for the Fonz is that, for some reason, he'd been built up in the fans' minds to be this super promising young player who was going to be amazing. He was never going to live up to that hype. Destined to be a disappointment.

As it turned out he just plain wasn't/isn't good enough unfortunately. But even if he had made it here (ie got into the first team) I still don't think he'd have lived up to the unusually high expectations of him.

Â