Miwdeek Footnall, 23-25 April 2013

Troglodyte

All German final

Not too comfortable about that, we all know what happens when Germany tries to conquer Europe

They underestimate the Russian winter?

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
  • Like 2

I liked Dortmund before they were mainstream.

I know you are saying this with tongue in cheek, but I still have to ask:  when was that then? 

All German final

Not too comfortable about that, we all know what happens when Germany tries to conquer Europe

In a different sort of way they have conquered Europe. Angela Merkel has done what Adolf Hitler couldn't. Think about it.

I liked Dortmund before they were mainstream.

I know you are saying this with tongue in cheek, but I still have to ask:  when was that then? 

erm... before their second album?

Started watching Dortmund regularly in 2010, as I was getting into German football and wanted to choose a team to support.  At that stage, they weren't considered contenders, but went on to win the title, and since then have gone from strength to strength - although this has obviously pushed Bayern on too.

I realised half way through that season that I was watching a joyous team who were only going to get better.  A post of mine from the German football thread in January 2011:

If anyone wants to watch some absolutely fantastic football this season, then get watching Dortmund. They're on ESPN most weeks now.

They're currently running away with the title, and have a very young squad. If they manage to keep these players, they will be one of Europe's major forces in the coming years, I have no doubt about it. They are all so driven; Klopp's tactics are fantastic. The players run endlessly, have a great team ethic, and are fantastic to watch when attacking.

Mario Götze has only played a handful of games, but he's going to be one of the best players of his generation. He's already been capped for Germany, as have Hummels, Schmelzer and Großkreutz. I don't think Sven Bender will be far behind them, either.

I can't recommend watching this Dortmund side enough to anyone who enjoys football.

They're so bloody entertaining and really put everything into it - they're fully deserving of the excellent support that they receive.

Heja BVB!

I'm so hipster.  Have that, Stevo.

Edited by Troglodyte

Â