Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Small heath have accepted bids of £1.25million rising to £3million with add ons from two prem clubs said to be everton & swansea. Dont care if he is a nose, he has buckets of potential and we should have a look too. That sort of cash is small change

Redmond?

Shucks. Wolff Eikrem signed for Heerenveen. One of a handful I would've liked here.

There is maybe a reason why he isn't going somewhere else. I am no huge fan of him and I have seen him lots of times in the Norwegian Tippeliga. He is decent there and can hit a good pass or two, but to paint a picture, so would Barry Bannan. Eikrem turns 23 in August and I haven't seen that much development the last two seasons. Glad we didn't sign him, we have enough "up and coming" in our team already and now is the time for proven ability.

Sky Sports understands that Wolves have had an offer accepted for highly-rated Crewe midfielder Luke Murphy.

The 23-year-old is the latest product of Crewe's famed academy system to draw attention from afar.

Murphy has spent his entire career to date with the Alex, making close to 200 appearances since making his senior bow in 2008.

Wolves believe he would be a useful addition to their ranks as they prepare for life in League One.

They could, however, face competition for his signature from higher up the Football League.

The likes of Swansea, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Blackburn are all believed to have cast admiring glances in Murphy's direction.

Crewe have resigned themselves to the fact that Murphy will be on his way out of the club this summer, and are looking to get the best possible deal.

The terms tabled by Wolves are considered to be acceptable and it now remains to be seen whether a transfer scramble will be sparked.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8790570/Transfer-news-Wolves-have-offer-accepted-for-Luke-Murphy-Sky-Sports-understands

Luke Murphy has said hes ready for a higher level of professional football whilst at Crewe this season, i dont see why he'd join Wolves when he wants to go higher

Shucks. Wolff Eikrem signed for Heerenveen. One of a handful I would've liked here.

There is maybe a reason why he isn't going somewhere else. I am no huge fan of him and I have seen him lots of times in the Norwegian Tippeliga. He is decent there and can hit a good pass or two, but to paint a picture, so would Barry Bannan. Eikrem turns 23 in August and I haven't seen that much development the last two seasons. Glad we didn't sign him, we have enough "up and coming" in our team already and now is the time for proven ability.

Agree, while Eikrem has some good sides with him, I am pretty sure he would tackle the premier league pretty bad. He has some nice passes in him but he can be far to slow on build up play and bring the tempo down often. It will be interesting to see if he gets any better over there

Bristol City have signed Republic of Ireland Under-21 defender Derrick Williams from Aston Villa.

The versatile defender, who can play at centre-half or left-back, joins the League One club on a three-year deal.

Williams made his senior Villa debut last season and, according to his new club's website, he turned down a new deal in favour of a move.

"I needed to take this step," he told the Villa website. "I hope it's the right decision.

"I want to make a career for myself and I'm grateful for the great start I've been given by Aston Villa and coming through the Villa Academy.

"Bristol City were interested and it's a big club. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

"I have no issues dropping down to League One. The club's aim is to bounce back stronger and it's a great goal to have."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8791013/Transfer-news-Bristol-City-sign-defender-Derrick-Williams-from-Bristol-City

I'll take yours and vandaq's judgment over mine. Sounds like you have both seen more of him than I have.

Edited by Wes

I think Vilhena is to big of a profile already for us to get him. Maybe if he went the Okore route then perhaps.

Most of the other ones are unheard of for me. We have actually been in for Valon Berisha couple of years ago, but he turned us down since he wanted to stay in Norway.

Obviously I would take him in a heartbeat, he is an exciting player indeed who is a central midfielder, he can be more offensive but he is not entirely what I would call a CAM. Also has a great work-rate which is always nice to see in young players. I haven`t seen that much of him since he left last year for Salzburg, he joined with Nielsen there last summer. I would rate Nielsen higher as I see him as a bigger talent, but Valon is already in the first 11 while Nielsen is not. Other than that I have seen him in some internationals. Still fairly young(20) so there would be a lot of stuff Lambert could mold him to be :)

His younger brother, Veton is also a player that I would take. He is one year younger and he is a striker( so not really what we need) He is playing at the same club in Norway that Valon did, Viking FK.

• Like 1

According to the Sun

It's bye-bye Mbia

QPR's Stephane Mbia, 27, is poised for a quick return to the premier league.

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is keen to sign the Cameroon midfielder and inject some experience into his young squad.

Also the Daily Star

Aston Villa could offer £4m-rated midfielder Stephane Mbia, 27, an escape route out of relegated Queens Park Rangers.

What are your thoughts on this?

I like Mbia but would be worried he would want to much money to join us, hope lambert doesn't get sucked into paying silly money on wages again.

Edited by Ron87

According to the Sun

It's bye-bye Mbia

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is keen to sign the Cameroon midfielder and inject some experience into his young squad.

Also the Daily Star

Aston Villa could offer £4-rated midfielder Stephane Mbia, 27, an escape route out of relegated Queens Park Rangers.

I like Mbia but would be worried he would want to much money to join us, hope lambert doesn't get sucked into paying silly money on wages again.

We're really cutting back aren't we?

I'll take yours and vandaq's judgment over mine. Sounds like you have both seen more of him than I have.

Yes, Eikrem is far from good enough.

According to the Sun

It's bye-bye Mbia

Also the Daily Star

Aston Villa could offer £4m-rated midfielder Stephane Mbia, 27, an escape route out of relegated Queens Park Rangers.

A large batch of QPR players seemed very disinterested and that's why they were relegated. They definitely had the talents, but the players seemed content just to get their paychecks. I'd be worried about getting any QPR player. 

• Like 1

According to the Sun

It's bye-bye Mbia

Also the Daily Star

A large batch of QPR players seemed very disinterested and that's why they were relegated. They definitely had the talents, but the players seemed content just to get their paychecks. I'd be worried about getting any QPR player.

Also alot of them are on extortionate wages! I'm not sold on Mbia I'd like to see someone like Banega instead of Mbia who plays the same position.