Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Mark Bresciano and Lucas Neill both pay in the Middle East add well and both still performing for Australia. Would not be surprised to see Schwarzer head that way either.

Most Aussies these days are paying in Holland, Germany, Middle East or East Asia.

Having said that I'm a little surprised at Holman's lack of fight to stay in the PL.

According to the press We have set a price of £8M for any suitor of Darren Bent & apparently that is non negotiable. I hope this isn't true because although I don't want us to rip ourselves off I would much rather we get some money in for Bent asap so that we can re-invest it elsewhere in our team.

I hope this doesn't prove to be one of those long drawn out transfer sagas that run till the last second of the last day of the window.

Hopefully we can get all the players we want in & out of our club as expeditiously as possible & certainly before the big KO.

I think some team that has a ropey start will come in for him. Wouldn't rule out liverpool

According to the press We have set a price of £8M for any suitor of Darren Bent & apparently that is non negotiable. I hope this isn't true because although I don't want us to rip ourselves off I would much rather we get some money in for Bent asap so that we can re-invest it elsewhere in our team.

I hope this doesn't prove to be one of those long drawn out transfer sagas that run till the last second of the last day of the window.

Hopefully we can get all the players we want in & out of our club as expeditiously as possible & certainly before the big KO.

If we hadn't signed Benteke with Bent being made available by another Premiership team for a cut price 8m i wonder how many on here would be screaming at Lambert to buy him?

Bent's fee if true at 8m is a snip for any Premiership team now looking for a goal scorer and we should hold out for it. 

• Like 2

Luna confirmed, that's number 5 done!

Jeeeeeeeeez. 5 signings confirmed and it's only the 20th of June!

Its been a bloody busy summer so far!

Was just about to say that the Bent saga has been a complete disaster, which must come as a surprise to most fans who welcomed him when he joined. 

That's not quite true - his goals did help us stay in the premier league in the season when it  Gerard's turn to try to get us relegated.

But apart form that he has been underused and a wasted resource. 

Was just about to say that the Bent saga has been a complete disaster, which must come as a surprise to most fans who welcomed him when he joined.

That's not quite true - his goals did help us stay in the premier league in the season when it Gerard's turn to try to get us relegated.

But apart form that he has been underused and a wasted resource.

Underused and wasted by whom? Bearing in mind his injuries.

Any idea what he is on about?

"@MatKendrick: Bacuna and Luna have arrived sooner, now Villa just need to have a lamb bhuna and make sure Benteke does not become a Gooner #poetlaureate"

"@MatKendrick: Bacuna and Luna have arrived sooner, now Villa just need to have a lamb bhuna and make sure Benteke does not become a Gooner #poetlaureate"

:lol:

he's just being silly with rhyming words. There's nothing there to read into it 

Relax

Relax

It looks like Kendrick is cleverly giving us a hint where the strongest interest is from. 

No, it really doesn't.

Arsenal will get Higuain and that's that.

That's probably true. Higuain may be Arsenal's first choice. It's still interesting Kendrick decided to post that silly rhyme. He won't be silly just for silliness's sake. 

No, it really doesn't.

Arsenal will get Higuain and that's that.

That's probably true. Higuain may be Arsenal's first choice. It's still interesting Kendrick decided to post that silly rhyme. He won't be silly just for silliness's sake.

Yes, he really will. I've been following Kendrick for two years.

• Like 4

I think the club are handling the Bent situation very well. They've said they'll keep him if they don't get a good enough offer, so a non-negotiable fee is hardening their stance. They clearly know Bent has a lot to offer another PL club so why should they give him away for bugger all? He is worth 8m to the likes of Newcastle, Fulham or Hull because he will very likely be a success if he's used properly. There's very few other proven PL goal scorers available for that money with relatively little risk.

Relax

It looks like Kendrick is cleverly giving us a hint where the strongest interest is from. 

No, Kendrick is demonstrating that there are no other teams who would fit in with a rhyme around "Luna"