Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

When do the links with defenders start coming through? :)

Soon hopefully LondonLax. I don't know what other posters feel but I think the signing of Central Defender/s is going to me the most important signature & transfer activity that we conduct in this window. It is absolutely vital that we get absolute quality here, no question.

I'm pretty sure Lambert will get the right man/men in just can't stand the waiting while it is currently unresolved.

Wanyame looked decent for Celtic in the Champions League alright, don't think he's a £10m pound player yet though.

Hmm i'd be surprised if we got him for 10 mill TBH.  Utd and Arsenal were watching him over the season so maybe he is going to them or something

Wanyame looked decent for Celtic in the Champions League alright, don't think he's a £10m pound player yet though.

Hmm i'd be surprised if we got him for 10 mill TBH. Utd and Arsenal were watching him over the season so maybe he is going to them or something

Man Utd and Arsenal are supposedly watching everyone. I don't believe it.

If we put in a bid, I reckon we could land him. I just think Lambert would prefer to go cheap and cheerful! (which I'm happy with!)

Hmm i'd be surprised if we got him for 10 mill TBH. Utd and Arsenal were watching him over the season so maybe he is going to them or something

If we put in a bid, I reckon we could land him. I just think Lambert would prefer to go cheap and cheerful! (which I'm happy with!)

Why would man u be watching anyone with the manager only in place a matter of days?

Why would man u be watching anyone with the manager only in place a matter of days?

You can't seriously mean that??

This guy has already turned us down once.

You can't seriously mean that??

This guy has already turned us down once.

Yeah why and when did he turn us down. Under the man who shall not be mentioned.

"@Transfer_Clock: Belhanda is edging towards a move to Aston Villa as he'd like to play in the Premier League however Villa face competition from Inter Milan."

Twitter aye, got to love the hope it brings and the impending disappointment :(

However much he wants to play in the Premier League (and however much I hope) he will never choose us over Inter.

Actually, of all the clubs linked to him besides us I figured Inter would have the worst chance of getting him (well, besides Galatasaray, in light of the unrest in Istanbul). They won't be competing in any continental football this season, and Italian clubs aren't exactly rolling around in money at the moment. Also, let's not forget they spend roughly the same amount of money being rumored for Belhanda on the Croatian wunderkid Mateo Kovacic last January. If it comes down to us and Inter, I genuinely fancy our chances.

McGeady gets paid well in Russia. He'll command a high wage and is hardly making a leap "upwards". Doesn't sound like a Lambert style signing, lucky us.

McGeady is a Duffidian solid professional. He'll do well where-ever he goes, which will be to Fulham to replace Damien Duff.

Too old and too big a name on too high a wage to interest Lambert.

McGeady is a Duffidian solid professional. He'll do well where-ever he goes, which will be to Fulham to replace Damien Duff.

Too old and too big a name on too high a wage to interest Lambert.

I can just about tolerate your Bannan rubbish but FFS Aiden McGeady is among the crappest wingers I have ever seen offers no pace, nodefensive protection, no end ball, poor set-piece delivery and shit dribbler.

Id rather Albrighton or even Gabriel Obertan

I know very little of him but Etienne Capoue is leaving toulouse this summer. Of course, Arsenal and Tottenham is interested but they are linked to every single player now it seems. Too expensive? I remember some of you talking about him in january