Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Signing 22 year old Bulgarian aleksander tonev from poznan according to the sun

Going to Celtic apparently..

Apparently not..... He's still not decided.... Could be because we have come in for him?

Signing 22 year old Bulgarian aleksander tonev from poznan according to the sun

Going to Celtic apparently..

Apparently not..... He's still not decided.... Could be because we have come in for him?

I hope so, from what i read he is a very good player.  Havent seen him play though.

As them clips show him actually doing something Id say we havent got a prayer.  ;)

Usually its clips of passes nearly coming off. I remember Makoun's. One mint strike versus Real Madrid and 3 minutes of him giving the ball away.

Saw one for Dwight Gayle the other day. It was just him missing the target.

Tonev has already said he needs consistent Champions League football (not even simply Europe), and apparently Malaga, Bremen and a few other clubs are in for him.

Not a chance.

We will be playing as much Champions League football as both of those clubs next season and Bremen's season was every bit as shit as ours. Celtic OTOH do have CL football but they're ... y'know ... in Scotland.

Tonev has already said he needs consistent Champions League football (not even simply Europe), and apparently Malaga, Bremen and a few other clubs are in for him.

Not a chance.

We will be playing as much Champions League football as both of those clubs next season and Bremen's season was every bit as shit as ours. Celtic OTOH do have CL football but they're ... y'know ... in Scotland.

Im giving two reasonings - there a clubs in more attractive positions financially and 'football wise' in for him, on top of that he has stated himself that he needs CL football.

Celtic seems logical for him to be fair.

You never know.. maybe Petrov had a hand in it. He has a wicked shot on him.

E & S claim we are close to signing Austin.

Edited by KSV

Austin seems close according to E&S.  Would be happy with that as a replacement for Bent.  £4.5m seems steep though.  I imagine it will be alot less than that in reality.