Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Agreed. 

If we're going to sign a Belgian wide attacker, it is more likely to be that Lestienne than Mertens, it would fit in better with Lamberts philosophy. Mertens is just an absolute non-starter.

Lestienne would be a rather nice signing tbh.... Can see us dipping into Belgium again for more players!

I think most clubs are looking at Belgium at the minute, the talent being produced there is unbelievable.

Vossen and lestienne are probably the only ones we can afford. There are other talented belgians of course (T. Hazard, Praet, tshimanga,...), but I doubt they would have immediate impact.

Thomas Vermaelen for £5m and Lukaku on loan with an option to buy at £20 would be a good start. Defour would be nice too but we cuold never afford him now (and why would he come to us?).

Edited by thunderball

why do people believe the cr-ap they read on social networking sites? especially twitter, its all bull, however did we cope before twitter, shocking

250px-Clubcall-logo.png

£3 a minute to find out about a player who would never sign anyway or was in the news a weeks previously :lol:

• Like 2

No thanks to Vermaelen. He's not a very good defender. He's no better than Vlaar imo... and I dont think Vlaar is all that either.

He is a lot better than Vlaar. I just don't believe Arsenal would let him go just because he had a bad last few months.

No thanks to Vermaelen. He's not a very good defender. He's no better than Vlaar imo... and I dont think Vlaar is all that either. 

He is far better than Vlaar

No he's not, not at defending. Vermaelen is a playmaking centreback. Compare him to Clark, not Vlaar. He's better than Clark.

• Like 1