Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I dont care how much we spend as we have seen that players values dont always mean the same in rewards. What i would like to see is at least 5 new signings. 2 center backs, 2 Center Midfield and one Left Back.  Then for every player we sell they would need to be replaced too.

I guess Given, Dunne and Hutton  will all be off the books this summer. Would be good if we could shift players like Holman, Enda, KEA and Ireland as it looks as if they are surplus to requirements.

Do people really think we will spend £8m/£9m on one player? again those days are gone.. we will not be doing so for a while or probably ever again under Lerner.

Read/watch Lambert yesterday when asked about summer transfers (various websites BBC, sky etc) and that should indicate further that the days of spending big are gone.

Do people really think we will spend £8m/£9m on one player? again those days are gone.. 

Yes, we will. That is more or less the going price for any half decent Prem players these days. My guess is that we see at least one player coming in this summer with a price tag in that area.

I dont care how much we spend as we have seen that players values dont always mean the same in rewards. What i would like to see is at least 5 new signings. 2 center backs, 2 Center Midfield and one Left Back.  Then for every player we sell they would need to be replaced too.

I guess Given, Dunne and Hutton  will all be off the books this summer. Would be good if we could shift players like Holman, Enda, KEA and Ireland as it looks as if they are surplus to requirements.

I Very much doubt we will get 2 new CB'S, It would seem Clark is up for new contract, and will be strong contender for a place in next seasons starting 11.

Do people really think we will spend £8m/£9m on one player? again those days are gone.. 

Yes, we will. That is more or less the going price for any half decent Prem players these days. My guess is that we see at least one player coming in this summer with a price tag in that area.

Youre right that is the going rate. Its also the type of player Lambert has explicitly stated we won't be in for. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anyone for half that amount. The big signings are gone whilst Lerner remains 

Paul Lambert has challenged Villa to surpass the standards from their timely Premier League revival next season after predicting a “busy” summer for the club.

Lambert has been delighted, but not surprised that his faith in his claret and blue youngsters came good at the ideal time to keep them in the top flight.

But the boss has warned he is already working on the next phase of his bold Villa vision rather than dwelling on the remarkable recent improvement.

“I think the club will be busy and trying to do something, but we have set a standard that we have got to do better,” he said. “You have to keep trying to build your squad and believing in your own philosophy. The club was in a transitional period, everybody knows what’s happening.

“If we’d gone on the way we were I think the club would’ve kept on sliding. We had to strip it right back and get it going. Randy Lerner has been fantastic, he understands what we’re trying to do. The performances of the last five months has been really high.

“Some of the lads have played over 30 Premier League games so they know what to expect. It bodes well for the future.”

Kendrick, Birmingham Mail

Edited by HalfTimePost

Charlie Austin rumours again today.  I've never seen him really play.  Anyone?

Could be his agent? Apparently he was watched by Lambert when Lambert was at Norwich City. That's not much of a link now. 

From his highlights compilation it's not obvious that he is quick, so might not suit us.

Most of his goals were from crosses. He's a poacher, like Bent, whereas our threat this season has been on the counter-attack. 

I Very much doubt we will get 2 new CB'S, It would seem Clark is up for new contract, and will be strong contender for a place in next seasons starting 11.

Better start looking forward to another relegation battle if that is the case..

Edited by AshVilla

Better start looking forward to another relegation battle if that is the case..

TBF we don't need 2 new centre backs, we just need one good one.

• Like 1

A player I'd like to be linked with is Park Ji Sung from QPR. He's alright, nothing amazing, not a Johnny Big Bollucks, works hard...is seen as a messiah in South Korea...it would help is build our fanbase.

Arsenal did it with Inamoto. If we bring people like Dawkins in on loan and don't play him, we might as well make our bench warmers work for us!

Please no. Good player in his prime but way, way past it.

The best way to build Villa's fanbase here is to be successful. Look at Chelsea and Liverpool.

Rumors are Hull are interested in signing Bent. I heard it from a pretty reliable source so hopefully its true.

Really? Bruce was pissed at Bent when he left Sunderland in the shit to take the pay bump with us.

• Like 1

Rumors are Hull are interested in signing Bent. I heard it from a pretty reliable source so hopefully its true.

Really? Bruce was pissed at Bent when he left Sunderland in the shit to take the pay bump with us.

He did well under Bruce - perhaps he's willing to let bygones be bygones to get a top class striker? Brady is a great wide player so a prolific striker would be one of their most important positions to fill this summer.

He did well under Bruce - perhaps he's willing to let bygones be bygones to get a top class striker? Brady is a great wide player so a prolific striker would be one of their most important positions to fill this summer.

Well Brue will know what hes getting and wont cut his nose of to spite his face. 

Sure Moyes sued Rooney and looks like he wants to keep him.  If a player gets a team like Hull goals, i think Brue would be mad to hold a grudge.