Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Le Fondre recently said he "wants to play every game" and doesn't know if he will be reading next season.. as much as I like Le Fondre when he starts games he really does not have the same impact compared to when he was sub..

I don't think he would play every game here.. Gabby, Weimann and Benteke as our front 3 should not change.

I'd like Le Fondre here as competition for Weimann.. but he wants to play every game and we can't offer that.

Hmmm. If he didn't have the self belief to think he could make it here why would we want him anyway. Though I could see it from his point of view, why risk going to a club where the front three are about the best unit you'll see outside the top 5/6.

4 player wish list

Lescott

Sinclair

De bruyne on loan

McCarthy from wigan

Players out

Given

Ireland

Dunne

Lichaj

Delfouneso

Bannan

Bowery out on loan

I know he's on a lot of money, but I really really want Lescott.

He would be worth it. He would sort our defence out straight away

Lescott is a Villa fan & so is his dad! I should know because his dad once battered me at the same school we went to in the 70's! :P

I assume this has been posted.

Lambert interested in Curtis Davies to fill the other experienced CB slot for next season.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/05/08/would-aston-villa-take-back-their-former-defender/

Nowhere at all in that article does it say Lambert is interested in Davies. All it does is basically say "would Curtis Davies be a good fit for Villa?"

Absolute garbage

I dont think lambert would be after any premier league player ..

Did he do that at norwich ? Except with noughton who was actually playing in the championship in lone !

I think he would pay about 20 .. Dont think it would be more .. Especially if hopefully benteke and other good players stays ..

What we really need to sort is defence .. A good cb and if there is a real improvement to bennet as a lb .. Well another lowton .. Haha ..

I think we have a good tackler and dm which is sylla .. Maybe we need to have an improvement of delph .. A playmaker ..

And if we could somehow get aubamyang .. I think we could go to europe and try to win a cup !

Imagine ..

Guzan ..

Lowton .. Vlaar .. Cb .. Lb ..

Sylla .. Westwood ..

Acm ..

Gabby .. Benteke .. Aubamyang ..

And some of the squad ..

Given .. Baker .. Clark .. Lichaj .. Herd .. Gardner .. Kea .. Holman .. Delph .. Bannan .. Weimann .. Bowery .. Nzogbia .. Albrighton .. And some of the youths ..

Im imagening how would we with aubamyang ..

I reckon if Lambert is looking for players with hunger and passion, he should maybe take a look at Papadopoulos from Schalke. Might be a bit out of the price range, but he would definitely toughen up our defence for many years to come.

No big time charlies.....no way lescott gets near our player profile, cheap, low wages, young and hungry. Davies is the most likely out of any of the ones mentioned above...imo.

i would imagine the lad from Crewe and the one from Charlton , both we tried to get before, would be on the agenda. I would also buy another left back, a first choice left back, spend some more money on that position, admit u maybe wrong mr lambert .

My main issues would be to sell ireland, bent and n zogbia, get rid of dunne and sign benteke and andreas on extended contracts ie 2 years on benteke and 3 for andreas.

No big time charlies.....no way lescott gets near our player profile, cheap, low wages, young and hungry. Davies is the most likely out of any of the ones mentioned above...imo.

i would imagine the lad from Crewe and the one from Charlton , both we tried to get before, would be on the agenda. I would also buy another left back, a first choice left back, spend some more money on that position, admit u maybe wrong mr lambert .

My main issues would be to sell ireland, bent and n zogbia, get rid of dunne and sign benteke and andreas on extended contracts ie 2 years on benteke and 3 for andreas.

I don't think we'll sell N'Zogbia. Sure he's on relative high wages and he's got 3 years left on his contract, but he isn't going to be heavily sort after and would require selling at a substantial loss. Plus he's a versatile player which is good to have in a squad, offers us something different to what we currently have and as has been mentioned by Sylla in a recent interview has really helped the likes of him and Benteke settle in. There's plenty of good value targets available in Ligue 1 and the Jupiler Pro League for us to chase this summer. For me the positives outweigh the negatives in keeping him in the side.

You're spot on with regards to Ireland, Bent and Dunne though. They need to be moved on sharpish. Dunne will be released as his contract is up. I think there's still a market available for Bent, maybe reunited with Jol at Fulham. Ireland could go to one of the promoted sides.

Edited by Wes

Are the posts about LeFondre one big joke that im not in on.

He couldnt make the Reading starting 11 is all i will say on the matter.

He's a great squad player and you're guaranteed goals from the bench. If we can sell Bent and replace with him then that's amazing business.

Luke Murphy is a good, realistic shout. Would like him at Villa.

I think getting rid of Ireland and replacing with either (or both) of Luke Murphy and Will Hughes (maybe? if we get in there early?) could be good for the squad

Luke Murphy is a good, realistic shout. Would like him at Villa.

I think getting rid of Ireland and replacing with either (or both) of Luke Murphy and Will Hughes (maybe? if we get in there early?) could be good for the squad

After all the hype about Hughes, it all went very quiet.