Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

"dont we still owe the lerner family quite alot?" - I think Randy was the one that owed his family or should I say his ex-wife a lot AndyBM and that happened in the period between his taking the club over and the purse strings being tightened as did his sale of the Browns and the funds he got in from that which I would have thought cushioned the money he paid to his ex. Randy bought the club and invested money into it with a view to getting a return on his investments and these were his decisions. No doubt the accounts will show the club has a paper debt to him as will Manchester United accounts in the same way. What has happened seems to be a change in transfer policy and we now have a manager who is willing to work within that policy and has shown signs that he can move us forward as a club within it. I would like to think we could add 1 or 2 more in before the window closes whether or not we find a home for one or more of the bomb squad for a total spend of say £10m but that depends on how rigid the club's transfer policy is going to prove.

With all the extra income from the Premier League deal, if the spending stays at this level then the budget it very, very disappointing.

Why? 

It ain't about how much you spend its about what you spend it on. 

• Like 4

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Howard Hodgson, the guy who has been tweeting updates from conversations with Paul Faulkner, is HairyHands.

Fingers crossed HH's (whoever he actually is) rumours will come to fruition.

what have i missed? What did HH say?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Howard Hodgson, the guy who has been tweeting updates from conversations with Paul Faulkner, is HairyHands.

Fingers crossed HH's (whoever he actually is) rumours will come to fruition.

what have i missed? What did HH say?

Nothing really. That Howard Hodgson bloke tweeted that we were after a CM or something like that, but this was a couple of weeks ago I think.

HairyHands, who apparently isn't Howard Hodgson, hasn't been on here for a while.

Reporter David Craig has told Sky Sports News Radio that sources close to Tom Incehave told him that Aston Villa and Everton have entered into discussions with Blackpoolfor his signature.Reporter David Craig has told Sky Sports News Radio that sources close to Tom Ince have told him that Aston Villa and Everton have entered into discussions with Blackpoolfor his signature.

On the Transfer Clockwatch right now

Edited by KH**